Menu

The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study

Slache

I haven't used it yet but have purchased it to use for next year.

I just finished mapping out volume 1, assigning 2-3 pages per day as seemed reasonable to me, and it worked out to 76 school days. The other volumes (I got the full set - much better deal that way) appear to be about the same length. So it looks like a single volume could be done in a semester, or if you space it out more, over a full school year. 

It looks suitable for middle school to me. Amazon says grades 7-9; Rainbow Resource says grades 6-10. 

ETA: I just noticed your signature and see that your oldest is 10 (so 5th grade by age next school year). I would guess that it would be fine for him unless he has a difficult time with "read and answer questions." The sample pages on Amazon are pretty representative of the whole. I am planning to use it with my girls, who will be in 7th and 4th grades.

Edited by purpleowl

On 3/30/2021 at 6:03 AM, purpleowl said:

I haven't used it yet but have purchased it to use for next year.

I just finished mapping out volume 1, assigning 2-3 pages per day as seemed reasonable to me, and it worked out to 76 school days. The other volumes (I got the full set - much better deal that way) appear to be about the same length. So it looks like a single volume could be done in a semester, or if you space it out more, over a full school year. 

It looks suitable for middle school to me. Amazon says grades 7-9; Rainbow Resource says grades 6-10. 

ETA: I just noticed your signature and see that your oldest is 10 (so 5th grade by age next school year). I would guess that it would be fine for him unless he has a difficult time with "read and answer questions." The sample pages on Amazon are pretty representative of the whole. I am planning to use it with my girls, who will be in 7th and 4th grades.

He's a humanities centered, fairly advanced kid. My plan is to use it for the meatiness, but at half pace because we all do Bible Together. We're also doing Who is God? over breakfast (soon to be finished and replaced with The Ology) and the older two (10, 8 ) are doing The One Year Bible.

10 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

May I be terribly lazy and ask for a link or what this is?

Bible Survey.

https://www.christianbook.com/important-youll-study-survey-bible-complete/starr-meade/9781433511820/pd/511820?item_code=WW&event=CART

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I have my kids using this--my oldest is in 9th and is going to finish NT book 2.  

I have them work through it at 15 minutes a day. That is about two or three pages for my oldest and about a page or less for my youngest, who is much more pokey about reading.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Little Green Leaves said:

Oh! I saw the title and I didn't realize this was about a specific curriculum...I thought you just meant how long did it take you to learn whatever was most important in your life! Totally misunderstood, I'm sorry.

Totally how I understood it, too.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, Little Green Leaves said:

Oh! I saw the title and I didn't realize this was about a specific curriculum...I thought you just meant how long did it take you to learn whatever was most important in your life! Totally misunderstood, I'm sorry.

I saw you laughed and thought it was funny! I should have been more specific. :laugh: