Menu

TN Folks- about the vaccine ??

teachermom2834

Dh and I become eligible tomorrow. As far as I understand the only way to schedule is through the state portal? Is that correct? I can see that some local pharmacies have supply but it looks like I can't schedule with them directly- I have to go through the portal on the state health department website? 

It also appears I can go to any site I can get an appointment at. Not restricted to my own county. 

Do I need some kind of proof of eligibility? What makes me eligible is obvious just from looking at me 😉but I don't want to hit an administrative snag. Dh's doctor told him he thought it was going on the honor system but even he did not know.

Anyone know what time the portal changes over to open for new appointments? I'm not really that stressed about getting on right away but I do find myself up at all odd hours. Dh is really anxious to get it. I'm more anxious to get it over with I think. 

Any other tips for navigating the process in TN? I was surprised we came up for it so soon so I haven't really been on top of it. 

• Like 1

Kroger associated pharmacies (don't know what store brand this corresponds to in Tennessee, it varies in different parts of the country) are scheduling their own vaccine appointments. Click on the link for your state.

https://www.kroger.com/i/coronavirus-update/vaccine

* If you're not eligible until tomorrow the eligibility questionnaire might not reflect that status. I'm in a similar position in another state, I just clicked that I was eligible since I would be by the time the appointment came around. My county health department was already scheduling people in my category, the online Kroger system just wasn't reflecting updated eligibility yet.

• Thanks 1

In my area (other end of the state), there is a county portal for sign ups at sites run by them, but you can sign up for Walmart, CVS, etc directly. I qualified due to my job in 1b, and brought documentation, but no one looked at it. Here, new appointments show up at noon on Monday and Wednesday on the portal. If you can go during the workday on a weekday, usually it's not super hard to get one (although it might be this coming week since 1c just opened).  

• Thanks 1

My local pharmacy has an online portal. My dd and I have asthma so we are in group 1C, and as it opens on Monday, I requested appointment on Friday. Now we wait for them to call. We also signed up with the county , through TN's health portal. https://vaccinate.tn.gov/

There is also an online vaccination finder that uses your zipcode to let you know where you can find vaccination sites near you and what kind of vaccines they have .https://vaccinefinder.org/search/

We will go to whatever location contact us first, and take whatever vaccine the offer us 😉

Edited by StillStanding
Added links
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are registered with the county, through the TN health portal. I was looking at the vaccine finder and there are some small local pharmacies making appointments over the phone. So I guess tomorrow we will just work through the list. It seems like plenty of places have vaccine supply. Probably the number of people and appointments they can process in a day is the limiting factor now vs. lack of supply. 

Here's the links for the pharmacies here. I think they have zip code locators so should work for you, too.  FWIW, I just checked the main sites here, and there are a LOT of appointments for next week at some of the sites, especially if they are in more residential, vs business, locations.

Kroger – Locations vary. Very limited quantities available. You may find information online at https://www.kroger.com/i/coronavirus-update/vaccine or by calling 866-211-5320.

Veteran’s Administration – Now vaccinating all veterans age 65 and older at the VA Medical Center at 1030 Jefferson Avenue. Veterans must be enrolled with the VA at www.va.gov to receive vaccination.

Walgreens – Thirteen locations have now been added. To schedule an appointment, please visit https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19

Walmart – Locations vary. Sign up for an appointment here: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302

• Thanks 1

I signed up directly through walmart's website (and I checked a different box since they don't have the expanded eligibility up yet). We called, and they said it was a good idea to bring a doctor's note of some sort, but I've seen stuff on the public health website that says you don't need documentation. Anyway, I printed out a copy of my medical records from my doctor's office's patient portal and highlighted my BMI on it, which I assume will be good enough--otherwise I guess I can offer to go buy a scale in walmart and stand on it while they watch? 😂 Incidentally, I'm scheduled in Cleveland, TN, and every time I've checked there have been a lot of open appointments for this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kokotg said:

I signed up directly through walmart's website (and I checked a different box since they don't have the expanded eligibility up yet). We called, and they said it was a good idea to bring a doctor's note of some sort, but I've seen stuff on the public health website that says you don't need documentation. Anyway, I printed out a copy of my medical records from my doctor's office's patient portal and highlighted my BMI on it, which I assume will be good enough--otherwise I guess I can offer to go buy a scale in walmart and stand on it while they watch? 😂 Incidentally, I'm scheduled in Cleveland, TN, and every time I've checked there have been a lot of open appointments for this week.

Great info. Thank you. My dh had looked at the Walmart portal but thought he couldn’t schedule until Monday. We are rule followers to a fault sometimes and didn’t think about just checking the box because we would be eligible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teachermom2834 said:

Great info. Thank you. My dh had looked at the Walmart portal but thought he couldn’t schedule until Monday. We are rule followers to a fault sometimes and didn’t think about just checking the box because we would be eligible. 

I did it but then called the next morning to make sure it was okay 🙂

• Like 1