Menu

well, crud. I think I took the wrong pill!

ktgrok

I think I accidentally took my husband's antidepressant (duloxetine) instead of my vyvanse! Both are capsules, and i looked and his bottle is on top of mine. I feel horrible - nauseous, drowsy, headache, light headed. 

Any idea how long this might last?

Other alternative is I'm just getting sick I guess...

• Sad 1

Call poison control.  Not because I think you're poisoned but because those people know everything there is to know about taking the wrong medication or substance.  And they're always really friendly.

(Little embarrassed that I've needed to call poison control enough to know what they're "always" like) 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I looked up med interactions and waited and took my adderal (low dose) this afternoon. It's helping balance me out, lol. But wow - remind me never to withdraw from amphetamines AND take cymbalta at the same time ever ever again! Oh, and I am taking 5HTP which can increase serotonin effects!

Even coffee didn't taste very good, craving salt which seems to help, and cold coke zero seems to help (it usually settles my stomach). So much for starting my new nutrition plan today!!!! I had a coaching call for nurition last night and was all psyched to increase protein today. If I tried that right now I'd puke, lol. 

And was excited about maybe doing two DDPY classes today, and couldn't even do one. I will say, I'm darned grateful DDPY has a "bed flex" program as that will be what I do tonight. Can do it flat on my back and keep up my streak of doing DDPY every day. I THINK I can do most of my PT exercises too, as most are done lying on my back. Going to skip side plank for sure - I have trouble balancing with that as it is. 

Or, maybe I'm sick. DH didn't feel well yesterday, but in ironic news, that was because he was in withdrawals, we thought, from the cymbalt. He forgot to get a refill and then got busy and so yesterday was day two without it, cold turkey. He normally takes it twice a day. So either he had withdrawals and then I had side effects from the same med, or we both had some weird illness. But I don't feel sick really, I feel drugged.