Menu

Oklahoma State University Spanish dual Credit class?

I've been researching Spanish for my kids, I have read here and other places that the OSU classes were great etc. But I looked and with fees and out of area charges it was going to be like $3k per class. Is that what some of you are paying for one class? Hopefully I'm missing something. Please show me the error in my ways (maybe a link?) 

Other Spanish curriculum suggestions would be helpful too! I have 2 high school kids and a middle schooler who will be next in line, with zero Spanish experience but 2 years Memorial Press Latin. 

Edit: Our local community college is $100 per credit hour. 

Edited by MommaBea
Add info

DS is doing Spanish 1 online with Kolbe Academy and loves it. This is the 3rd option for online Spanish that we've tried including Homeschool Spanish Academy, and the first one that clicked and is working for DS. It's not cheap, but it's less expensive than OSU. About $860 + a new family fee from what I can tell (not including text). They are accredited but also progressing towards regional accreditation (a good thing). https://kolbe.org/courses/online/courses/high-school/online-foreign-language-courses/wcf-09span1/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BookwormTo2 said:

DS is doing Spanish 1 online with Kolbe Academy and loves it. This is the 3rd option for online Spanish that we've tried including Homeschool Spanish Academy, and the first one that clicked and is working for DS. It's not cheap, but it's less expensive than OSU. About $860 + a new family fee from what I can tell (not including text). They are accredited but also progressing towards regional accreditation (a good thing). https://kolbe.org/courses/online/courses/high-school/online-foreign-language-courses/wcf-09span1/

Can you tell me what didn't click for Homeschool Spanish Academy?

27 minutes ago, blue plaid said:

The OSU German online program for high schoolers is great and less than $400 per year.  Last I looked they didn’t have an equivalent Spanish program, so maybe you were looking at the regular college classes?  I would love it if they did offer something similar for Spanish!

Do you have a link to their German program? I must be looking at the wrong place, I couldn't find anything reasonably priced. 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:31 PM, MommaBea said:

Can you tell me what didn't click for Homeschool Spanish Academy?

Yes, the homework assigned didn't help him learn. He really like the tutor (tried to get the same one each time) but the homework didn't help him learn the Spanish. I know lots of people here love Homeschool Spanish Academy and I wish my son had loved it (it's cheaper) and been able to learn the Spanish but unfortunately not. That is why there is a wide variety of curriculum, as people learn differently!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BookwormTo2 said:

Yes, the homework assigned didn't help him learn. He really like the tutor (tried to get the same one each time) but the homework didn't help him learn the Spanish. I know lots of people here love Homeschool Spanish Academy and I wish my son had loved it (it's cheaper) and been able to learn the Spanish but unfortunately not. That is why there is a wide variety of curriculum, as people learn differently!

This is good to know because we are currently following the Kolbe syllabus for Spanish I and using the text they use, but I am trying to figure out if we will do the same next year.

• Like 1