Menu

Daily Movement - Sunday, December 6

purpleowl

Not sure if this really counts or not but I went horseback riding this morning.  One of my hiking/walking buddies owns a stable and lesson barn for high end horses, especially Hunter/jumpers.  She invited me to have a blind date with Larry, a little quarter horse lesson pony she needed someone to ride.

I had my own horse for 12 years and had to sell them after my ex husband was arrested.  This was the first time I have been in the saddle in almost 3 years.....and only my second time riding English ever.   Thankfully Larry's favorite gait is stop, followed by walk.

I hope to get a real walk or something in later.  But riding does use a lot of muscles I haven't used in a long time.

IMG_20201206_125526.jpg

• Like 5

I walked 4.4K/2.7 miles for my Holiday Hustle this morning, clocking a better pace than yesterday, even with the dog. Then I went out with my husband to run a couple of errands, and he humored me by parking towards the back of the lot and walking from store to store. So I'm closing in on my minimum step count already.

I still need to do today's stationary biking, which I will get to . . . later.

• Like 2

I did a walk this afternoon--it was cold with light/moderate wind that made it feel colder. Part of that time I did jogging alternating with a brisk walk, then I met up with some others and finished at a more moderate pace (talking and walking). In the evening, I added a 15 minute walk at home w/Leslie and pilates (Balanced Life/Robin Long).  

• Like 2