Menu

Well, I left the Mere Motherhood FB group

There wasn't a specific event that prompted me to, just more a feeling that it wasn't as much my tribe as I'd hoped. I still love Cindy's writings, and maybe I thought the group would be full of mini-Cindys. 

There's a good chance I may be leaving FB permanently anyway. Can anyone recommend a good group on MeWe?

I really crave hearing from older moms, older than me if possible. About education, influencing a child's soul, what really constitutes truth, goodness, beauty. Practical ideas for running a home with Christian culture, even if they are not popular. I am tired of threads about what food littles should be eating and how to get them to stay in bed iykwim. A bit too much drama too.

I guess this has been a long year and I'm feeling lonely.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, birchbark said:

There wasn't a specific event that prompted me to, just more a feeling that it wasn't as much my tribe as I'd hoped. I still love Cindy's writings, and maybe I thought the group would be full of mini-Cindys. 

There's a good chance I may be leaving FB permanently anyway. Can anyone recommend a good group on MeWe?

I really crave hearing from older moms, older than me if possible. About education, influencing a child's soul, what really constitutes truth, goodness, beauty. Practical ideas for running a home with Christian culture, even if they are not popular. I am tired of threads about what food littles should be eating and how to get them to stay in bed iykwim. A bit too much drama too.

Are you part of Cindy and Angelinas literary life podcast page on Facebook?  I find that a lot better than the mere motherhood page which drives me nuts.  And Cindy and Angelina are more directly involved there.  It is less mothering focused and more literary focused though.  Karen Glass and others are often there. 
I think also quite a lot of the Christian homeschool people run their own paid memberships these days which somewhat impacts.  Read aloud revival, schole sisters and others. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, birchbark said:

Same.  To all of it.  I left that group about a year ago for similar reasons.  I primarily stay on facebook just for the groups.  Charlotte Mason Inspired has sometimes been a good one for education.  

But I agree.  I would love a place like you described. 

• Like 1

I get that from @Hunter’s posts!

19 hours ago, birchbark said:

I really crave hearing from older moms, older than me if possible. About education, influencing a child's soul, what really constitutes truth, goodness, beauty. Practical ideas for running a home with Christian culture, even if they are not popular.

• Like 3