Menu

My cat is peeing on the floor - new UPDATE in OP

regentrude

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 8:06 AM, regentrude said:

NEW update:

Cat attract litter does not attract the cat. Today she peed on the floor six times. 

@regentrude Popping in again to say, have you heard of Thundershirts?  I just ordered one for my 15 yr old cat who is meowing ALL NIGHT and driving me crazy, and it made me think of you and Cricket. 

A quick Google search shows that many people sew their own, or even do a simpler solution of using an ace bandage or a baby T shirt. Maybe it will work for us!!

• Like 1

Wow! I made a DIY version of the Thundershirt - basically just a tube with holes for my cat's head and front legs - I'm no seamstress!!! - and she slept ALL NIGHT! She purred! She cuddled! This hasn't happened in I can't remember how long. So... it was just one night but I'm pretty excited. And actually rested. Woo hoo!

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Kanin said:

Wow! I made a DIY version of the Thundershirt - basically just a tube with holes for my cat's head and front legs - I'm no seamstress!!! - and she slept ALL NIGHT! She purred! She cuddled! This hasn't happened in I can't remember how long. So... it was just one night but I'm pretty excited. And actually rested. Woo hoo!

Did you use heavy material for weight, or just a snug fit?

Just now, Kanin said:

Just a snug fit. She looks like she's wearing a singlet and heading off to a cat wrestling match 😍

It would be better if I were a better seamstress, or had supplies... I don't have any velcro, but making it close with velcro would be awesome because it's hard to squeeze a cat into a cat leotard. 

• Haha 3