Menu

Learning Ally cost

PeterPan

Can you share it with someone else? I requested it as part of our IEP (same with Book Share). I will happily share it when I get it. I have never used it before, but I share Netflix, Audible, etc. and stuff with my sister, so I assumed it would be similar.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

share it

Hmm, well if I pay for a subscription, I'm probably gonna go download as many books and series as I can possibly think of in a year, haha. But at that price I'm going to wait till I'm sure I need it. Wish it were free or lower, mercy. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:19 PM, SeaConquest said:

Can you share it with someone else? I requested it as part of our IEP (same with Book Share). I will happily share it when I get it. I have never used it before, but I share Netflix, Audible, etc. and stuff with my sister, so I assumed it would be similar.

I don’t think individual accounts are supposed to be shared, but sometimes schools/districts have an account that allows for multiple users. At least they used to do that back when it was still RFBD.

• Like 1

I believe they’re currently having a half off special for Black Friday.  We got our subscription earlier this year through Homeschool Buyer’s Coop...I think it was around 40% off.  The app is pretty glitchy though and we haven’t used it much.

Amazon has a new unlimited service for Audible...you might see if they have anything you want.  It does NOT include their entire catalog though.  Or have you looked at Scribd?  They have a really great selection.  It’s $10/mo.  It’s supposedly unlimited but high consumption of more popular titles can cause restricted access to many titles until the next billing cycle begins.  There’s always something to listen to/read...just not necessarily what you wanted to listen to right then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caedmyn said:

I believe they’re currently having a half off special for Black Friday.  We got our subscription earlier this year through Homeschool Buyer’s Coop...I think it was around 40% off.  The app is pretty glitchy though and we haven’t used it much.

Amazon has a new unlimited service for Audible...you might see if they have anything you want.  It does NOT include their entire catalog though.  Or have you looked at Scribd?  They have a really great selection.  It’s $10/mo.  It’s supposedly unlimited but high consumption of more popular titles can cause restricted access to many titles until the next billing cycle begins.  There’s always something to listen to/read...just not necessarily what you wanted to listen to right then.

I got an email offer from amazon about the audible something, but I couldn't find a way to search what audiobooks where included. I was afraid it would be mostly podcasts. No, I haven't looked at Scribd, even though the title sounds familiar, interesting! 

Ok, I'll go see if I can find the LA sale. That could be great!