Menu

The important stash. ;-)

Carrie12345

We’re not really big drinkers here, but we do like our occasional drinks.  Dh called me a little bit ago to ask what I want him to stock up on at the liquor store.  He’s grabbing his traditional holiday beers just in case things are too hairy to mess with going out later.

I didn’t stock up at all in the spring because I wanted to focus on true essentials, but I guess we’re set enough now that adding a few bottles to our supplies is fine!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissLemon said:

Do you live in a state where you can mail order booze?  I heard a commercial for these guys the other day: totalwine.com 

I’m still very confused about what our alcohol laws are. I think maybe we can, but I’m not entirely sure. In the spring, there were all sorts of special things they were trying to keep alcohol sales going, which was weird to me. I mean, I’m all for a good drink, but I can think of a few things I’d put ahead of that!  

I'd get some peppermint schnapps because I love hot chocolate and schnapps during the winter months.  Typically, we get 3 bottles of reds and 3 bottles of whites to have on hand.  (That's what our wine holder holds.  :))  That may or may not last through Christmas!  Depends on whether we gather with anyone during the holiday season.  Also, they're nice to have on hand to use as a gift.

Our liquor stores have remained opened throughout our lockdowns, although at times they only allowed a certain number of people inside at once and lines were outside.  (Which can be very cold here now that we're heading into winter!)

• 2 weeks later...