Menu

Grandson of the US's 10th president (!!!) passed away at 95--his brother is still living

kbutton

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/us/lyon-gardiner-tyler-jr-dead.html

Grandson of President Tyler, 10th president of the US dies at age 95. As of 2012, his life, his father's life, and his grandfather's life overlapped to include 222 years of American History. His brother is still alive, so this 3-generation time span is now at around 230 years and counting.

• Like 8

It’s odd that this happened this week. Because...I’ve been painting my bedroom this week and whilst painting I listened to the podcast called Presidential from the Washington post. I listened to the one about John Tyler and they interviewed one of his grandsons.  

(I do recommend the podcast.)

eta: it was this grandson and in another odd coincidence, the grandson was living in middle Tennessee, about 45 minutes from where I live.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

It’s odd that this happened this week. Because...I’ve been painting my bedroom this week and whilst painting I listened to the podcast called Presidential from the Washington post. I listened to the one about John Tyler and they interviewed one of his grandsons.  

(I do recommend the podcast.)

eta: it was this grandson and in another odd coincidence, the grandson was living in middle Tennessee, about 45 minutes from where I live.

Interesting podcast series. I am listening to this one and might have to add the rest to my list.

2 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Interesting podcast series. I am listening to this one and might have to add the rest to my list.

The gal who does it has done a pretty good job, particularly on those presidents who are sort of place holders in history. I mean, who knows what Millard Fillmore did? 

• Like 2

Just now, fairfarmhand said:

The gal who does it has done a pretty good job, particularly on those presidents who are sort of place holders in history. I mean, who knows what Millard Fillmore did? 

I don't remember what it was called, but I read a book about all the first ladies that was quite interesting too.

• Like 1