Menu

Bible Chronology

Does anyone know of a resource which would attempt to fit ancient history with Bible chronology? Creation of Adam at 4026 BCE. Ancient Egyptian and Mesopotamian culture arising after the languages were confused at the Tower of Babel?

I think The Wall Chart of World History would fit the bill. It's really cool... durable pages that unfold to one looooonnnnggg timeline.

HTH

He's a Catholic author, but I don't think there's anything overtly Catholic in the text. Laura Berquist uses it as a spine for high school ancient history, but I'm using it as a spine for a Bible History credit that parallels SWB's History of the Ancient World. SWB's book also has several OT references, especially towards the middle of the book. The book of Nahum, as she points out, directly refers to the destruction of the Assyrian empire (which was concurrent with the destruction of Nineveh). I've got many books on the Bible as history, and I think this is the best at tying sacred and secular history together.