Menu

Well-Read Mom club

egao_gakari

I just found out about it on Instagram. Anybody a member? Anybody follow the reading plan but not participate in a group? There aren't any groups in my area. I'd love to start a group, but because we are new to the area and because of Covid, I think it'll be difficult to start one this year 😞  I'd love to hear people's thoughts if you have experience with it!

4 hours ago, Heartwood said:

This looks really interesting. How about you start one with Well Trained Mind Moms via Zoom? There isn't a group around me either and I'd like to test the waters before trying to start an in-person group where I live.

I'd love to! I've never made a Zoom before or organized an online event in general. Any tips how to get started?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

I'd love to! I've never made a Zoom before or organized an online event in general. Any tips how to get started?

Id love to join.

I don't know about other virtual meeting rooms but Zoom has a free option but your meetings can only be 40min - then they knock you off.  If you get the paid account you can have meetings for as long as you need.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, egao_gakari said:

Well, I'm happy to at least make a Zoom for sometime this week and talk in more detail about it with anybody who's interested! If I scheduled it for 8pm EDT this week would that work? I'm flexible-ish on most evenings. 

10 hours ago, aaplank said:

I'd love to join too!  8 pm EDT would work for me.

Awesome, Thursday or Saturday would work best for me because Friday is DH's birthday. Preference?

23 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

Thurs. is best for me this week.  My daughter is getting married here at the house on Saturday.

Congratulations! That's wonderful 🙂 

17 hours ago, Heartwood said:

Thursday works for me too. I'm also up for an online discussion group if meeting via Zoom at the same time doesn't work for people.

Well let's try Zoom to start, and then if it seems like it won't work, we can try making a discussion board here! I made a meeting:
Edit: please PM me for link, safety/privacy reasons

Edited by egao_gakari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...