Menu

Music reaction videos & other new YouTube discoveries

Katy

I'm sure these kids popped up on suggested videos because they've been on both GMA & CBS this morning recently, but this is such a fun YouTube channel.  It features twins who had only listened to rap & hip hop so they started a channel showing their reactions to hearing famous songs from different genres of music.  It sounds a bit hoky but it is SO FUN!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopm4iCRGWS6PkLB8uDe-Wg/featured

Have you found any family-friendly YouTube new-to-you content that you love lately?  Please share here.

• Like 1

This is gardening and outdoor decorating related but I just love Tanya Visser.   She's in Australia (or NZ) so the seasons may be off for the No. hemisphere.   But, her enthusiasm and energy is delightful..    I found her older YT videos related to making your own concrete planters but this is from today.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

Those are great!

I have posted these before, but my kid has gotten really into "trombone loop" videos, which are videos where one trombonist plays all the different parts of a song and puts them together. 

Trombone is traditionally not a solo instrument, and it involves a fair amount of spit, so it's fair to say that my kid who loves music has been a little worried about the future of his music.  This has been pretty reassuring that there will be new ways to make music, although to be clear, these videos aren't actually new, just new to him.

My son played the trombone through middle and high school. One of his favorites on YouTube is Christopher Bill. I don't see the one ds really likes, but this is the guy. The song starts at about 2:25.

Edited by wilrunner
  • Like 1

I love the trombone stuff.  I didn't realize Jim Gaffigan had a YouTube channel!  And I love concrete planters, I'm so going to browse that whole channel.

It's nice to fill a summer day with happy, calm stuff and escape the chaos elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Jentrovert said:

My husband introduced us to The Crafsman SteadyCraftin channel. It is calming, interesting, hilarious . . . all at once. It wouldn't be everyone's cuppa, and I'm not as into it as dh, but we all enjoy it. 

YES!!! I love the CrafsMan. I actually used one of his videos in my jewelry making co-op class! 

• Like 3

The music reaction channel I’ve found that I like even better than the twins you linked above is this guy:

But I don’t swear to his family friendliness in all videos. I seem to remember some language, and some of the songs themselves I wouldn’t let my kids listen to. But same goes for the twins’ channel , too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, emba56 said:

Ooh, I love that one too! I forgot about it. But also it makes me cry all the time so I don’t watch it with my kids. 🙂

I noticed that they have a kids' section now, but I haven't watched any of those videos yet!