Menu

I'm going back to work

Night Elf

My manager contacted me and asked me to return as the current cashier is not working out. She said no one can match me and she wanted me back. So I decided to give it a try. I'm not going back as a manager, only a regular employee. I'll be working on Saturdays 9:30-5:00 and 2-3 weekdays 3:00-5:00. I'm in my ED treatment program until 2:30 pm every day so I can't work more than 2 hours. She said she would take what she could get. I told her the topic of my ED was off limits and anyone who brought it up, I was going to just tell them I don't want to talk about it. I'll try to stay away from the one person who bothers me the most. So with that, I'm willing to give it a try. 

DH's work is reducing his pay from July 1st through October 31st so any income I can bring in will be helpful. I just hope they don't extend it past October. We can handle the paycut but not for long. Then we'll be dipping into our savings and I really don't want to do that.

• Like 13

It speaks well of your kind heart and practical nature that you're willing to dive in again. I think you have a good sense of boundaries and a good support system right now--the people who care about you will cheer you on as you set boundaries at work. The extra income will be nice. 

• Like 2