Menu

What's with the ads?

Quill

Here’s my conspiracy theory for the day - hydroxychloroquine

5 minutes ago, EmseB said:

Just wondering if you saw this part:

"There are some big caveats: The study enrolled people through the Internet and social media, relying on them to report their own symptoms rather than having them tracked in a formal way by doctors. Participants were not all tested for the coronavirus but were diagnosed as COVID-19 cases based on symptoms in many cases. And not all took their medicines as directed."

So, what part of my post do you think makes it look like I didn’t see that part?  

I’d say I was dead on.

26 minutes ago, Joker said:

I’m sad it didn’t show to be helpful against Covid but happy it didn’t show to be deadly like so many have been saying. 

Same. Was hoping for better news. 

29 minutes ago, Joker said:

I’m sad it didn’t show to be helpful against Covid but happy it didn’t show to be deadly like so many have been saying. 

Yeah me too.  There might be a couple caveats, but I think this is probably more trustworthy than most of the other stuff I have seen.  

This was a post exposure study, right?  But, there's a pre exposure study going on too that isn't quite finished, right?  Also, did this study look at severity of the illness with, vs without the HCQ or was it only looking at straight prevention?  Something that doesn't prevent illness, but makes it less severe if someone does get ill would still be really good.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danae said:

So, what part of my post do you think makes it look like I didn’t see that part?  

I’d say I was dead on.

That you thought there were some sort of advocates of the drug that would find a reason to discount the study when the flaws are reported right in the article. Those things seem significant and I'm not an advocate of any particular drug. Or are they not significant?

37 minutes ago, Penelope said:

The Lancet meta analysis has been retracted. Big scandal.

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article/s0140673620313246

just about to post this.  They've been dupped and it was a lie.  The "company" putting out data was a front.  Good grief.  It wasn't just the WHO, etc... but also several prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals. 

"A Guardian investigation can reveal the US-based company Surgisphere, whose handful of employees appear to include a science fiction writer and an adult-content model, has provided data for multiple studies on Covid-19 co-authored by its chief executive, but has so far failed to adequately explain its data or methodology."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/covid-19-surgisphere-who-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

Edited by PrincessMommy
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

just about to post this.  They've been dupped and it was a lie.  The "company" putting out data was a front.  Good grief.  It wasn't just the WHO, etc... but also several prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals. 

"A Guardian investigation can reveal the US-based company Surgisphere, whose handful of employees appear to include a science fiction writer and an adult-content model, has provided data for multiple studies on Covid-19 co-authored by its chief executive, but has so far failed to adequately explain its data or methodology."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/covid-19-surgisphere-who-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

Well, dang. Curiouser and curiouser. 

I am beginning to think there is no such thing as the truth. Or, that none of us can really expect to get it from any quarter. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

Jeez, who is doing the peer review on these studies and why are they only being investigated after they're published??? The French study that started the whole thing was also rushed through "peer review" in less than 24 hours, and the journal later admitted that it "did not meet expected standards."  These journals need to slow the hell down and start vetting these studies fully before publication. They are messing with people's LIVES.  🤬

• Like 3

Two new items on hydroxychloroquine today:  

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638   New England Journal of Medicine essentially saying HCQ was not effective prophylaxis.  Note:  it was not given with zinc, nor were zinc levels tested, so this study is not of much use.  

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article/s0140673620313246   Retraction of the Lancet article that showed such horrible results for use of hcq.  Data unable to be peer-reviewed; the company that collected it would not release the data.   General embarrasment and apologies from the co-authors.  

ETA:   oh, #$%^&^%$ !!!  I just found out that the NEJM study used the SAME data set, from the same company, Surgisphere, for their recently published study that is the basis for the FDA recommending no use of HCQ.   Gaaaah! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/health/coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

Edited by Halftime Hope
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

Jeez, who is doing the peer review on these studies and why are they only being investigated after they're published??? The French study that started the whole thing was also rushed through "peer review" in less than 24 hours, and the journal later admitted that it "did not meet expected standards."  These journals need to slow the hell down and start vetting these studies fully before publication. They are messing with people's LIVES.  🤬

Or keep on with “”pre-review” releases which tells people information is not reviewed, but gets it out sooner in case it can help.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

ETA:   oh, #$%^&^%$ !!!  I just found out that the NEJM study used the SAME data set, from the same company, Surgisphere, for their recently published study that is the basis for the FDA recommending no use of HCQ.   Gaaaah! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/health/coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

🤯 gah!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pen said:

🤯 gah!

It's worse than I thought.  The NEJM that used the same data was a study on cardiac meds, not on HQC.  I misread the NYT article and didn't click through the actual study.  Stink! 

4 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

It's worse than I thought.  The NEJM that used the same data was a study on cardiac meds, not on HQC.  I misread the NYT article and didn't click through the actual study.  Stink! 

Yeah, thanks.  that group led by Mehra is seeming very fishy and publishing a bunch of high profile articles in high profile places which are changing research and patient care with what’s increasingly seeming to be bogus and self serving