Menu

Looking for data, articles in prisons with mass Covid testing

ElizabethB

I'm tracking prisons where they have done mass testing by latitude and time outside, I'll make a graph sorted by latitude and write up a LinkedIn Article if I get enough data.

My spreadsheet also has a block for the news article where it is mentioned, but that takes up a lot of room, too much to post, it then wraps poorly.  I found these two by google searches, but people might have more data from local articles about their local areas.  I can only use the data if they test everyone or almost everyone.

Please add data and links if you know of any prisons that have done mass testing and reported results in your area of the United States.

image.png.e643968adcfccd3298b1451ac14b1bd7.png

Edited by ElizabethB

Let me see if I can find an article; our County Sheriff's office says they have NO positive cases in the jail here. I don't know if they are testing the prisoners or not (this was stated on their FB page). I'll see if I can find info and share. They are super proud of the fact they've got no positives....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

In Michigan, state authorities said “a good number” of the 620 prisoners who tested positive for the coronavirus were asymptomatic. California’s state prison system would not release counts of asymptomatic prisoners.

Why is this a state secret???

I want numbers!!

New numbers!!  

Coldwater Correctional Facility, 80 percent asymptomatic, 800 prisoners positive.  Michigan

https://www.fox17online.com/news/coronavirus/785-inmates-test-positive-for-coronavirus-at-prison

"Between Arkansas, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia, 3,277 inmates tested positive for the virus. Of that number, 96 percent of the inmates were asymptomatic, meaning they showed no symptoms associated with the disease."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/494670-ninety-six-percent-of-inmates-in-four-state-prisons-who-tested-positive

Edited by ElizabethB