Menu

Do you know of anyone who still doesn't believe in Covid-19? Or is not listening to the guidelines?

mommyoffive

12 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I am so furious right now. I may even have to block my local homeschooling group!  This lady just casually posted how she thinks it’s overblown so she’s still visiting her covid positive adult daughter!  

edited to add: a friend just pointed out to me maybe she was just badly describing caring for her, which is allowed. 

Hmmm. But saying that she thinks that it’s overblown doesn’t really support that...

I had a patient come in the other day who was spouting off about it being overblown, virtually non-existent, and that it escaped from a lab in China and it is bio-medical warfare. At the same time, he was asking for hand sanitize.  I think he contradicted himself about 5 times in the conversation. LOL But, he said he was happy overall, because his stocks were doing well. OY!

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, RootAnn said:

Dh's father insists on going out like normal. BIL called asking him what he needed from the store. FIL said he didn't need anything, then called BIL from inside Costco later that same day to ask BIL if he could pick him up anything. FIL also went inside a pharmacy & commented to the employees that it sure was deserted in there. The employee pointed out that the sign on the door said not to come in -- just call & they would bring your prescription out to your car. Argh! 

That's exactly what my aunt and uncle are doing! It's making my cousin tear her hair out. She's an only child plus the only one in the family who lives near them.

4 hours ago, Eliana said:

The ER doctors and nurses I have heard from are strong advocates of social distancing - and the ones in NYC are particularly vocal about this being quite as bad as advertised.  

That's what I'm seeing too. We have 4 nurses in the family plus dss is a paramedic. All are advocates of social distancing as are their colleagues.

• Like 1

We were dropping of recycle at the park drop off today and there was a large group of adults out on a walk together not using any distancing at all.  There were about 12 in the group.

I have also seen a lot on social media from my local area of people who think this is all just a conspiracy for a take over.

Most of my friends and family seem to be taking it very seriously, especially my cousin who is a doctor that is working very long hours.  She is very frustrated with the attitude of a lot of people.