Menu

dr hive....what is this rash?

ProudGrandma

yesterday morning I woke up with a slightly red, bumpy rash on my arms (doesn't hurt or itch) and my cheeks look like they have been sunburned...but they haven't.  They don't hurt either...but feel dry.  It's sort of weird.  I am not really worried....but certainly curious what it could be.  I haven't used any new soaps or cleaners in the COVID 19 enviroments....since I am mostly just at home.   I did go to a grocery store the day before I broke out....but that is it.  

Any thoughts for me?

thanks 

Could you have used disinfectant or hand sanitizer and then touched your face/arms?  I wonder if a chemical/cleaner used in the grocery store might have triggered something?  I tend toward sensitive skin and unusual rashes so this wouldn't cause me to schedule a visit to a doctor necessarily.  I'd watch it for 72 hours and really note what I was exposed to during that time.  Unless it got hot to the touch and/or was growing, then I would be calling immediately.  

50 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Could you have used disinfectant or hand sanitizer and then touched your face/arms?  I wonder if a chemical/cleaner used in the grocery store might have triggered something?  I tend toward sensitive skin and unusual rashes so this wouldn't cause me to schedule a visit to a doctor necessarily.  I'd watch it for 72 hours and really note what I was exposed to during that time.  Unless it got hot to the touch and/or was growing, then I would be calling immediately.  

I could have.....I will watch and wait and see....I am not interested in going into any doctor's office....nor do I want to bother a doctor during this time unless I need to.  They are already dealing with so many people who are scared their symptoms are COVID whether or not they really are....they don't really need to deal with my red cheeks at this time....unless I feel that it's urgent.  

• Like 1

Before seeing the pics or reading other replies, I thought "Fifth's Disease or something autoimmune." I see I am not the only one thinking that way.

FWIW, there aren't autoimmune issues in my mom's family history (that we know of, anyway). And yet, a couple years ago my aunt started developing symptoms of...something. At this point, it's officially an unspecified autoimmune disorder. She is completely bedridden, very hard to understand when she talks, etc...so developing one without family history is certainly possible. 

However, I am not a medical professional. I don't even pretend to play on on TV. I sincerely hope that whatever it is disappears quickly, without worsening of symptoms.