Menu

Accountability Thread 12/22-12/28

Morning! No rest for the weary, though. Christmas is coming. 

Tasks today: Catch up chores from yesterday: laundry, dishes, cat boxes. No school means no school schedules, but I need to do some planning for the remaining winter term and think forward to spring. In writing, I need to write 3,000 words in my WIP today (goal of finishing the first draft by the end of this week), Beta reading, and personal reading. Possibly a writing exercise. I also need to cook pizza and make a cheese roll. And I might go for an afternoon walk. It's supposed to be in the low sixties and very sunny.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1

Morning. Plenty to do today despite no school and all of Christmas stuff done.

Chores: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, cat sitting, clean bedroom, bathroom, wash linens, school planning. 

Writing: Blog post, 3,000 words in my novel, Beta reading, personal reading, painting a scene from one of my books, in progress project. Homework for writing practice, too.

Also going to the library, cooking dinner and a cake.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Dd is working a winter break camp for the week. 

I am meeting my “oldest “(in terms of how long I have known her) friend for lunch. My calculations say that we’ve been friends for 43 years. 

I still have tons to do downstairs. The water didn't soak as far as we thought in one direction but soaked much farther than we thought in another. 

• Like 3

DD7 did school at the library today. We met up with a friend we haven't seen for awhile.

No more school till this Thursday.

Came home to a package. Presents for Christmas from out of state relatives. This made daughter upset that she has to wait for Christmas. 

Tomorrow Christmas Eve service and wrapping presents. 

Christmas morning special breakfast, Christmas story and presents. Then a community Christmas dinner (afternoon) at the church. Just the 3 of us for Christmas dinner night.

• Like 3

Morning! Merry Christmas Eve. Today is a low-key kind of day, but I still have things to do.

Chores: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen, dining room, laundry room

School: nothing

Cooking: grilled hamburgers, fries, chocolate chip and sugar cookies to bake

Writing: 3,000 words in my WIP, a craft exercise, Beta reading, personal reading

Art: continue watercolor project

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Morning. Merry Christmas!

Today, like any other day, I've got things to do.

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, cleaning kitchen and dining room after I bake a pie. 

Cooking: apple pie, and don't forget to take the cheese roll to the festivities.

Writing: 3,000 words on my WIP, Beta reading, personal reading, emotions course exercise

Art: Continue watercolor project and sketch a landscape for painting tomorrow.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

Good morning! I got most of the things done yesterday, but not all the cleaning. So that will be on today's list. 

Chores: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen, office. Boys help with house cleaning. 

School: none

Writing: 3,000 words in my WIP, Beta reading, personal reading, writing exercise

Art: continue project, start landscape 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Good morning.  Jean, you are in my thoughts, this has not been an easy holiday season.  I am so glad that the Hawaiian extravaganza was a success!

We lost power (the transformer at our house went out) early, early Christmas Eve morning which made Christmas more interesting; we are fortunate enough to have a back-up generator, but oughtn't run the oven off the generator and so Christmas baking was very limited, and we hosted a few families for Christmas Tea the next day.  The electrical crew got things running at 11 Christmas morning, and I managed to get a round of hot-out-of-the-oven scones to them before they left. 

So things were running a bit late for the party & at least two recipes/dishes didn't get made, but the guests helped finish up the work and seemed to have a lovely time. 

Yesterday everyone recovered a bit. 

Between now & the New Year I'd like to prep Christmas/holiday notes for next year; work in the house & garden; do some memory work, some literature, and some piano with the boys; have everyone get plenty of exercise and plan for next year.  I suppose my "deliverables" would OneNote Christmas notes that include a holiday count-down timeline based off FlyLady and gift/celebration notes; do a week of 90% or more FlyLady cleaning and begin working through a home organization/cleaning ebook I like; get front garden cleaned out and plan some hedge plants; do each day a fun thing with a boy (baking with younger, Chemistry with elder, walks with both boys) and (Anki + Bible + poetry + some language review), literature, and piano; work through my yearly planning process and set up next 1/2 year of school plans; set up high school filing/record system for elder; for me, aerobics + strength + yoga daily and for boys daily run & strength; catch up on e-mails and mail. 

For today: our fun thing is going to see Frozen 2 (both boys are quite happy about this!!!) in the early afternoon; spend 15-30" on holiday notes, on cleaning out garden, on cleaning the house; spend 30-60" on term planning and on my own yearly review/planning; boys do Anki, memory work, piano, literature, some language review; aerobics + strength for me; run + some strength for boys; spend some time on e-mails and mail.  Make dinner, have time to watch recording of a show with DH.  🙂  Here goes!!  also: !!!!!  I think I'm powering myself off exclamation marks this morning. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, serendipitous journey said:

Good morning.  Jean, you are in my thoughts, this has not been an easy holiday season.  I am so glad that the Hawaiian extravaganza was a success!

Thank you but the hits (literally) keep on coming. Yesterday my daughter was crossing at a crosswalk when she was hit by a car. She was extraordinary fortunate and came away with only deep bruises. 

I am glad that your electricity was fixed. 

• Sad 2