Menu

Halloween weather

DawnM

It rained like crazy for hours all afternoon and evening into trick or treating hours. Then the front hit during t/t time with 40mph winds plus higher gusts. 

this morning tens of thousands of people w/o electricity,  closings bc of no electricity, flooding, downed trees and power lines.

We did have about 20 brave , intrepid trick or treaters...that middle childhood age of 9 to 11 where they still love costumes and are not deterred by weather and/or can convince the parents not to be deterred by weather.

Only 1 really little kid who was in a group of bigger kids. 

I did miss seeing all the T/Ts of all ages. It is such a fun holiday. 

It was the snowiest Halloween on record in our town (3.1 inches). Also unseasonably cold: 2nd coldest Halloween ever (33 degrees). DH took the kids out briefly, and I handed out candy. We only had about 1/2 the normal amount of kids, and they were 90% middle and high school kids. I think the youngers went to the indoor activities. 

I did have one kid swear I was his Kindergarten teacher - he would not be dissuaded I wasn't her by his mother. He hugged me and told me he couldn't wait to see me in school tomorrow.