Menu

Bridal shower gift idea - need help

dirty ethel rackham

Nothing like a Last Minute Charlie here, but 1) I'm in school full-time and haven't had time to act on this, and 2) that's how I roll.  So, my niece's bridal shower is tomorrow at 11.  She lives on the east coast and we are in the Midwest.  Since she is flying in, the host asked that any large items be shipped directly to her house instead of having her fly back with them.  So, easy-peasy ... I just ordered her some bakeware from her registry.  And am trying to print off pictures of the items and put them in a card.  But that seems so boring to open. 

So, I thought I'd put together some of the old family recipes for her as well as some personal favorites.  But, how can I make something nice for her in a short period of time (like in less that 20 hours.)  Mind you, I am studying for 3 midterms and 2 quizzes next week and my daughter is coming home tonight to attend the shower with me.  

So, any ideas of how to make a nice booklet or something attractive with these recipes? She is 27, so not a super young bride and she has been on her own for quite some time.  

I would love that! Book does and stationary stores often have blank books also. Or if you have a Hallmark store, I think they used to sell binders specifically for that. Oh, hey, I got a version of that from my grandma and she used a half-size the ring binder with page protectors and then typed two recipes per half-page. That has to be even easier in this day and age. Maybe use Word to make a "booklet"?

Thanks for the great ideas.  I won't get to a store since they are all closing soon.  But, I just remembered that I did buy a small journal at a stationary store before Christmas last year and never gave it away.  I'll handwrite some of our family favorites in there for her, but it will have plenty of room for others to write theirs.  I do like the idea of passing out notecards for other shower attendees to put one of their favorites.  

• Like 1

Nope. I wouldn't do all that with everything else on my plate.  Just a nice card and the pictures of the bake ware. 

If you still want to do the recipes, I'd do it when I had the time to make it nice.  However, with that said, I wouldn't write them in a blank book unless you plan on giving her dozens of recipes.  A book would look silly with just 5 pages used up.

Honestly, I'd email them to her so she can put them in whatever format she uses: some people have cards, some have note paper, some keep them electronically.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Garga said:

Nope. I wouldn't do all that with everything else on my plate.  Just a nice card and the pictures of the bake ware. 

If you still want to do the recipes, I'd do it when I had the time to make it nice.  However, with that said, I wouldn't write them in a blank book unless you plan on giving her dozens of recipes.  A book would look silly with just 5 pages used up.

Honestly, I'd email them to her so she can put them in whatever format she uses: some people have cards, some have note paper, some keep them electronically.

We have about about 20 recipes right now (some family favs and some my family favs.)  The book is a smaller journal ... not as many pages as a typical journal.  While I don't have too much time to devote to this, is it supposed to be a joint gift with my daughter who is coming back from college to attend with me.  She may be able to help me get it together.  

But, yes, I do need to be protective of my time, which is why I have been studying for 2 days so I can spend some quality time with dd for the less than 24 hours she will be home.  

• Like 1

Could you send an email to other attendee’s to bring a recipe to add to the book? That way she will leave with a close to full book from her Bridal Shower.

I think it sounds nice and I would like to receive it so put Dd to work copying recipes tonight!  Hope you have a good time tomorrow!

• Like 1

Just now, mumto2 said:

Could you send an email to other attendee’s to bring a recipe to add to the book? That way she will leave with a close to full book from her Bridal Shower.

I think it sounds nice and I would like to receive it so put Dd to work copying recipes tonight!  Hope you have a good time tomorrow!

The shower is less than 24 hours away, so I don't think that is practical.  I am not the host.  If I had been, I would have suggested everyone bring a recipe instead of a card.  My friend's daughter had everyone bring a book instead of a card for her baby shower.  

2 minutes ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

The shower is less than 24 hours away, so I don't think that is practical.  I am not the host.  If I had been, I would have suggested everyone bring a recipe instead of a card.  My friend's daughter had everyone bring a book instead of a card for her baby shower.  

You are probably right........since you have 20 I would still do it if your Dd likes the idea.

I will be honest and say the recipe request is probably the one last minute thing I could handle so I was thinking no biggy.