Menu

Speed Queen washers - which model?

klmama

It's time to replace my hated front-loader washing machine.  You all convinced me that the top-loader Speed Queens are the way to go, but which model?  Do I want the TC5 with optional deep fill and rinse?  Or do I want one of the "perfect wash" models, TR3, TR5, or TR7?   If you have the TR7, have you had any problems with the electronic controls?  I'd like my next washer to last.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Edited by klmama

And while you are here reading this, maybe you could answer another question.  Do dryers always outlast washers?  Our Kitchen Aid dryer is 24 years old and has outlived two washers.  Is it possible it could last another 10-15 years?  

The dryer question first.  Yes, in my experience dryers outlive washers.

My Speed Queen is a commercial one but my understanding is that they are no longer for sale to the public.  But I might be wrong on that.  But basically it is the TC5.  I am still very very happy with it and I think that it has been (at least) 8 years. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, prairiewindmomma said:

The 2019 models bring back the traditional agitator. Make sure you get the old school design. 🙂

I am watching this closely again as my 10 year old Whirlpool washing machine needs a new water pump. 

Appliance nerd here! I just found out about this earlier today! I had been scouring Craigslist for older models to stash away for when my old Whirlpool finally dies! I decided to check that YouTuber "Lorraine Furniture" guy. He has great videos testing out all different kinds of machines. He recently posted a bunch on the 2019 SQs. So happy they went back to the original design. I wonder if SQ took him off their blacklist. 

Edited by stephensgirls