Menu

I can’t tell if I’m coming down with something or anxious

Ginevra

I was planning to go tonight to the visitation for my high school buddy who just died from cancer.   I only have tonight available, so if I’m going, I need to get dressed here shortly and drive to my hometown. 

I don’t feel good, though. I feel tremendously tired and headachy. But this could be psychosomatic; I feel a ton of anxiety about seeing a bunch of schoolmates and, as I said in my other thread, the injustice of her dying from cancer at my same age with a very similar family makeup is making me feel a resistance to going, almost like I can’t face up to it. And I’m so tired and had insomnia last night. 

I’m considering not going, but I am also afraid I will badly regret it...

PS. I don’t think I would be particularly missed by anyone; I intended to go to come to terms with her death within myself. 

• Sad 2

Well, this is just me of course...but I tend to do things that I fear I might regret if I didn't and cannot go back and fix.

Unless you are just feeling really lousy in which case I'd just skip it and lie on the couch, I would go. I can understand that it may feel a reminder of how fragile life is and how we don't have the answers as to why some people die and others live. 

• Like 2

I did not go last night. I dont think I am sick, just was intensely anxious about going. I do feel like I wish I had marshaled and gone. But I also am glad I was not driving back last night, tired as I was. 

There are two visitations today, but I have a baseball game I would partially miss if I go to either. The funeral is Monday, which I could attend. I might. But I have worse anxiety about the funeral than the visitations. 

Now I just sound like a spineless weenie...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Quill said:

PS. I don’t think I would be particularly missed by anyone; I intended to go to come to terms with her death within myself. 

I don't think you need to go, Quill. I believe you can come to terms with it without being at the visitation or funeral. My two cents, and more hugs.

• Like 6