Menu

Steck-Vaughn World History

frogger

I was wondering if anyone else has used this world history from Steck-Vaughn https://www.wiesereducational.com/preview/volume-1-the-ancient-world-softcover-text-ld3761wb-0739879480-9780739879481.htm

The samples look grainy on the website but all of their samples look like that so I'm not sure if they are doing it on purpose to avoid people saving copies of the images to use rather than buying the book.

As with many struggling readers my son cannot deal with blurry text. He needs crisp clean print. 

• Like 1

Are you buying a print version of the book? I'm sure it will be fine. It just looks like their scans were rough. Even if you bought an ebook, it would be clear.

It looks like a very engaging book! Does it have an activity book or something that goes with it? 

Edited by PeterPan

It shows something labeled "classroom resources" which appear to be workbook like activities that you can print off for a whole class. They don't look that compelling to me though.

It does have lesson review questions at the end of the chapter including fill in the blank, multiple choice, some short answers and only one essay type question which is more reasonable for him than a typical book with lots of writing.  Also, some skill building excercises like reading timelines, charts, maps etc. 

His brother is also doing the same period with Real History Odyssey so I will probably add in some of the literature selections or non-fiction  in the form of audiobooks or versions that are easier to read depending on what is available that would be age appropriate. 

• Like 1