Menu

Lost Library Stuff

JustEm

The only positive thing about lost library materials is the cleaning that happens in the process of looking for them. When the kids lose something and have looked for a long time they usually ask me to help.  Well me helping means that we are no longer just looking for the missing thing.  It means we will start in the most obvious room and clean it from the top down looking for the book.  I've learned that sometimes this is necessary because somehow books end up between the sheet and mattress or some other add place that simply moving things around won't reveal.  So, we just spent over an hour deep cleaning the kids 2 bedrooms. Still no missing CDs. Luckily I was able to renew them, but I didn't let me kids know that.  We will be spending the rest of the week deep cleaning every inch of this house until we find those CDs.

In the process, we found the lost library copy of Holes that I just paid to replace last week 😤.  It was in a Dollar Store bag filled with clothing that doesn't belong to anyone in my house.  I have no idea where these clothes came from and how our library book got in there.

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Paying for a lost book is the surest way to have it show up.

Once in a while, the library has screwed up--I've had to ask them to check the shelves. Thankfully, they are really chill about lost books and fines for overdue items.

dd insists that we returned the 2 CDs that are missing, so I will check the shelves next time I'm there.  However, someone almost always swears we've returned the book we can't find and somehow we always find it at our house eventually.

Our library will hold our check for a bit in case the lost item shows up right after paying for it. (I don't know how long she holds it, but I suspect it is between 2 weeks and a month.)

Our lost items are either somewhere in the car, on our bookshelves, or on the library's shelves.

11 minutes ago, kiwik said:

Our library generally credits your account if you find a book you paid for.  Since I always have fines this is a help.

Ours will not do this if they have already sent in the order to replace it.  The Holes book was only $6 so I'm not worried about looking into it.  For a more expensive book I would go in and see if they reordered it yet.