Menu

Food processor recommendations?

maize

https://smile.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-8SBCY-Custom-Processor-Brushed/dp/B01AXM4VPY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=cuisinart%2Bfood%2Bprocessor%2B11%2Bcup&qid=1566760930&s=gateway&sprefix=cuisinart%2Bfood&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

I have this one. It’s the only one I’ve ever owned, so I can’t compare, but I’ve been happy with it. I don’t use it a lot, but I like it for pizza dough, shredding cheese, shredding cabbage, and making salsa. I originally got it because it was recommended by America’s Test Kitchen and I wanted one for pizza dough. I think Cuisinart makes pretty much the same one in a 14-cup capacity as well, but this 11-cup is more than enough for my needs. It can hold one recipe of ATK pizza dough, which is two large thin crusts.

• Like 2

Cuisinarts are a beast, can't go wrong there, Mine is the 14 cup I think. 

I haven't looked at the newest ones, but sometimes the safety mechanisms outthink you. Or I'm a klutz, lol. So maybe see how it does the safety. But really, if you want a beast, you want something like a Cuisinart. What is Cooks Illustrated saying these days?

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/equipment_reviews/1649-food-processors

Yup, the one they picture at the top is what I have. It's a BEAST. It's gonna rip through anything, blend it smooth, chop it, grate it, never complains.

Edited by PeterPan

Yes, mine is the same as the one recommended in that link. Fwiw, if you go down the research bunny trail, the last few letters are different in model number depending on where you buy it. (Amazon has its own model number.)

It’s strong enough to dice and shred tough veggies, or blend frozen fruit into an icecream, but it doesn’t mash stuff when it shreds. My only complaint is that the feeding tube isn’t as wide as I would prefer. 

22 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

My only complaint is that the feeding tube isn’t as wide as I would prefer. 

And assuredly there the reason is idiots who would shred their hands, lol. Even with the safety mechanism, there are ways, lol. (pushing down the activator without using the plunger, etc.)