Menu

I feel like I have the actual flu!

1GirlTwinBoys

I've had the flu several times in my life so I know what it's like. I've had high fever today, terrible body aches, no appetite and my chest feels tight.  First week of Oct is the earliest I've come down with the flu.  Is it even possible to have it this early.  One of my boys is coming down with it tonight too and I doubt will make it to school tomorrow.  His twin brother was really sick 2 weeks ago with this. 

I took my DD to her 16 year old check up Monday and I'm wondering if I picked it up there.  

A few years back I read some article (maybe on Science Daily) that they've recently discovered most "colds" are really just mild strains of the flu.  So it's definitely possible.

Also our pediatrician's office said (as of 45 days ago) the flu never really went away this year.  They would think it was just a bad cold but the lab was still identifying Influenza A & B, both.  There's also walking pneumonia going around this summer.

• Like 1

DS and DH had it around Labor Day several years ago. "Flu season" is, I think, peak, rather than exclusive. If all the strains died out entirely in the population during the summer, it wouldn't be able to spontaneously start up again.

Edited by whitehawk

I’m sorry. When I took ds to the doctor Tuesday, the receptionist said she had a little girl in the other day who had the actual flu. She said she has never seen the flu in my area at this time of year. 

The crud my son has (not the flu) is also making the rounds here and while we sat in the waiting room, two other people came in with the same complaints he has.