Menu

How do I ‘get over it’?

HSMWB

Pray for us, my husband is bringing up the topic tonight at dinner.  All my son knows so far is that we are discussing ‘school plans’ with dad, I’m pretty sure he is thinking it is going to be if the focus is chemistry or earth science this year.  Not ‘surprise’ I am trying so hard to be calm and not crying and not feeling like a lamb to slaughter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/7/2019 at 6:31 PM, CuriousMomof3 said:

1) if homeschooling really wasn’t working to the degree you described, and I was the parent who wasn’t homeschooling and so couldn’t really fix it, I think that i might want the kids to go to school.  Not that keeping them home too wouldn’t be reasonable, but I think it’s probably not fair to jump to secret divorce hypotheses if homeschooling really wasn’t working and he’s pushing private school that requires him to drive and not just the super easy option of putting them on the bus to public school.  I mean there might be other reasons to worry about your marriage, or not, but I wouldn’t consider this to be a particularly suspect thing.

Secret divorce hypothesis is because she feels there are problems in the marriage and is going along with this change because of that.  I hope it's not that, but it's important to consider it.