Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Dental appointments scheduled for me and kids
  • Eye appointments scheduled for me and kids
  • Finish all boxes on the dining room table and the floor in the living room (with kids helping)
  • Make therapy appt for son  
  • vacuum staircase!   
  • Make sure all boys clean their bathrooms
  • Make sure all boys get their stuff out of the laundry room  
  • Clean out closet next to laundry room (it isn't really dirty we have just been dumping in there and I want to measure it to order some shelving.)
  • Move dresser from the middle of our bedroom to the large master closet
  • Move some money around so I can pay the Fall tuition bill due on Aug 1st  
  • I am sure I will need a swim in there, couldn't yesterday because of thunderstorms and teens had friends over the part of the day without storms  
  • call storage unit place to make sure we are checked out of the storage unit that had to be vacated by the 25th  
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Busy day here.

• Get morning chores done and then attempt to get house looking presentable
  • Our air conditioner went kaput last night, which happens like clockwork every July.:dry: The repair guy is going to try to stop by today.
  • A Directv guy is supposed to be here for most of the afternoon. One of our boxes got fried by lightning, and when we called to get a new one, they said that our dish is out of date and needs to be replaced, along with all three boxes. Sigh.
  • I have to take our new old dog Mac to the vet at 11:30 for a booster shot. He also has a weird hernia situation going on by his rear end, and the older & more experienced vet is going to look at it today. The younger vet had never seen anything like it and has no clue what it is.🤷‍♀️
  • I have a ton of office work, but doubtful I will get much done with repair people here.
  • Also doubt that dh and I will have time for our Wednesday afternoon coffee date
  • Need to figure out why my phone suddenly has a ringtone that I've never heard before and don't like
  • dinner: ?? If A/C isn't fixed, it will be too hot to cook, so probably takeout or make-your-own.
  • Like 3

Good morning! dd1 left for morning practice (she got the all-clear for gentle kicking and a return to full practices at the end of August- and she is thrilled), and now I am up. ds3 lost a hard fought set last night, so now he has a two week break between tournaments. He can get the ankle healed up and start looking forward to high school season. I have some things to do outside and inside today.

• coffee/paper
  • ds3 to lesson/practice
  • home to some chores, procrastination of other things, and clean the kitchen
  • also some yardwork with ds2
  • pick up hold at library
  • pick up ds3
  • sweep, mop, move furniture so I can square up the sides of the quilt
  • other little things
  • brats for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Good morning

• Edit, print out and use medication list and sort medications properly
  • read my reading club book 
  • medical home stuff (some done)
  • more travel planning since I got way too little done
  • go to dermatology appointment
  • make early dinner
  • hang out at home in evening since dh is going to do astronomy (I like astronomy but he will probably be up there for hours and that is more than I can handle
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 3

I realized I had to go to Coumadin Clinic.

With going over medical stuff at home, dd didn't understand why I started crying because Tricare is so messed up that they still haven't processed her form that she did not have an accident- she had anaphylactic reaction and there is no one to sue.  Because they are taking so long- she went to ER on July 20th, 2018.  They didn't even process the claim until late April when she was about to graduate and doing finals.  Then they had the hospital call her that they need this dumb form.  They we sent and faxed them the form over a month ago.  Because it has been a year, we will have to pay the hospital.  It is 2700.  She doesn't understand why I am crying.    Yes, we do have the money and we will get it back some time.   But everything is just so hard and it really is very hard to keep fighting.

• Sad 4

Back from the vet. Sweet, gentle Mac, who is fine with the female vet staff, does not like the male vet one bit. One of my other dogs reacts that way, too. He's a big guy with a booming voice and that seems to freak them out.

The vet said that Mac's hernia was caused long ago by a torn muscle, probably from a fight. The vet thinks he must have gotten in many fights in his former home, because he is covered head to toe with scars.🙁The good news is that the hernia does not need to be repaired.

The Directv guy was here and got everything done super quick - it only took half an hour, not four hours like they had told us. He said our dish is fine and does not need to be replaced, so he just installed three new boxes.

No word from the air conditioner guy yet. Dh set up a window air conditioner in the living room and it is helping.

• Like 3

Went to the pharmacy for the first time since I had a run-in with a pharmacy tech and the head pharmacist over their incorrect interpretation of HIPPA laws.  I was a bit nervous about going in there but it was the very nice pharmacy tech (not the bad one) and there was zero drama which is exactly how I like my errands to go. 

Emptied dishwasher.  Dishwasher is loaded again but there isn't enough to actually run it.

Made copies of some stuff that my Mom (94) asked me about more than a year ago.  Finally found it.  Got it ready to send to her and my brother. 

• Like 3