Menu

AP Exam Registration

I am having a major brain blip and I never have much luck searching the boards.

Is it possible to register for AP exams online?  If it is, can you give me a link? 

I _think_ I've only ever registered my kids for the SAT and for the SAT Subject exams online, but a friend said you can sign up for AP exams online.

Thanks so much!

Edited by yvonne

Some schools use Total Registration and some schools have their own online forms.  You'll want to contact the school to make sure you have permission to register.  Otherwise, you may face an unpleasant surprise closer to exam time.  

Next year registration deadlines for AP may be earlier than usual, so you'll want to contact them not long after the start of the school year.  

9 hours ago, yvonne said:

Freesia,

Did you have to get your school's ok to host you first, before signing up on line?  Is your school using Total Registration?

Caroline, any word on when schools will have details? 

Thanks

Yes, I do have to get the school's okay.  They do use Total Registration.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, daijobu said:

Some schools use Total Registration and some schools have their own online forms.  You'll want to contact the school to make sure you have permission to register.  Otherwise, you may face an unpleasant surprise closer to exam time.  

Next year registration deadlines for AP may be earlier than usual, so you'll want to contact them not long after the start of the school year.  

Yes, I think it may be as early as October 1.  Definitely get in touch in August/early Sept. 

Our school also has total registration. I had to get “permission” in the sense that they had to tell me how to sign up, but once I had the total registration link, I saw there was a box to be clicked for “students in the XYZ community who do not attend XYZ school”. This year, assuming the link works, I will register, pay, and then send an email to whoever at the school alerting them that I did this. 

• Like 2