Menu

Thoughts on Easy Classical

• 2 weeks later...

I went and looked at it and it didn't excite me. LOL  That doesn't mean it's a bad set up, but that we have bad flashbacks whenever we see Saxon math scheduled.  😄 Plus, we already found our favorites for each subject.

What are you looking to get out of it?  What draws you to it?

Not even familiar with the name, but the name is a turn off for me personally. The term "classical education" has been co-opted to mean just about anything the user wants it to mean. Considering the core purpose originally behind classical education was to train well-educated, logical rhetoricians, "easy" jars my ears. 😉

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

Not even familiar with the name, but the name is a turn off for me personally. The term "classical education" has been co-opted to mean just about anything the user wants it to mean. Considering the core purpose originally behind classical education was to train well-educated, logical rhetoricians, "easy" jars my ears. 😉

😄 That was my initial suspicion, but it turns out to be mostly a set of schedules and lesson plans based on WTM recommendations.  I suspect the "easy" means "accessible-without-being-overwhelming".

It looked interesting enough to me also and I ordered it, but just FYI - the link to the Guerber books (that I also ordered) were newer editions and the pages in the guide didn’t match the pages in the books at all. There may be a fix now, but make sure the editions match. I’m guessing it’s just not updated to reflect the newest edition of Christine Miller’s books. (That is what she sells on her website) 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 11:31 PM, Nam2001 said:

It looked interesting enough to me also and I ordered it, but just FYI - the link to the Guerber books (that I also ordered) were newer editions and the pages in the guide didn’t match the pages in the books at all. There may be a fix now, but make sure the editions match. I’m guessing it’s just not updated to reflect the newest edition of Christine Miller’s books. (That is what she sells on her website) 

So what do you think of the schedule? Are the books choosen good ones? 

18 minutes ago, lulalu said:

So what do you think of the schedule? Are the books choosen good ones? 

I liked the books ok but am not using the schedule since it doesn’t line up at all with the text I have. It would leave a lot of work for me to figure it out 😂

I bought a schedule from them years back. 

It turned out to not be quite what I wanted/expected.  It follows a 6-year history cycle, not 4, in a few other ways didn't "play nicely" with WTM, and didn't have the rigor we wanted -- I was looking for "easy" as in "organized for you".  I also recall finding the science to be not that engaging, but it was a long time ago. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 4:13 AM, 8FillTheHeart said:

🤣

Guess how I found it?  One desperate night I did a Google search for ... wait for it ... "easy + classical".  🤣  I was so young and full of hope!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1