Menu

Perimenopause - need book recommendations

Thanks for the recommendation!

I read the Amazon product overview. Is this really the Bible for menopause, as it is touted? Any cautionary words I should give when recommending this book to my relative? I see that she is not an advocate of long-term hormone replacement (which is fine with me) but is she very vocal against short-term therapy for severe symptoms?

Anyone else have recommendations?

Yikes, I can't find it. It's in my house somewhere but not really at the top of the pile as I'm not 'there' yet, kwim.....

IIRC, she has a whole list of things she recommends to try first before resorting to hrt.

There's also Christiane Northrup's book about the Wisdom of Menopause. She talks a lot about the emotional and psychological stuff that's happening, not just the physical. I think it's one of those books that can really shake things up in a woman's mind - which might be a bit uncomfortable for a while.

They're both frank about discussing **x and assume that the woman should be having a good time ;)

My 2 favorites for dealing with hormone problems at any stage are:

The Natural Superwoman: The Scientifically Backed Program for Feeling Great, Looking Younger, and Enjoying Amazing Energy at any Age by Uzzi Reiss.

This is on sale at amazon for $6.99 right now. Here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Superwoman-Scientifically-Program-andEnjoying/dp/B001CJQF7U/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227358905&sr=8-1

Another book by Dr. Reiss is Natural Hormone Balance for Women: Look Younger, Feel Stronger, and Live Life with Exuberance.