Menu

Ah, well. I tried!

Well, I am personally praising God this morning - many of you must have been praying, because yesterday was the LEAST stressed and anxious I've ever been before a showing. That is a DIRECT answer to prayer.

I just spoke with the realtor - we heard the usual, "Your house shows great! The buyer just decided they really didn't want that much property to take care of."

We'll probably pull it off the market next week, barring a miracle this weekend, and try again in late January.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Well, I am personally praising God this morning - many of you must have been praying, because yesterday was the LEAST stressed and anxious I've ever been before a showing. That is a DIRECT answer to prayer.

I just spoke with the realtor - we heard the usual, "Your house shows great! The buyer just decided they really didn't want that much property to take care of."

We'll probably pull it off the market next week, barring a miracle this weekend, and try again in late January.

:grouphug:, my friend. I rejoice with you in your successful showing prep!

:grouphug:Heather:grouphug:

It will happen!

Heather,

I just flipped my daily prayer calendar and today's verse brought you to mind:

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Be encouraged, my friend!

Thanks, Sharon -

This has all gotten me thinking. I got this message from my dear, believing SIL:

We will continue to pray. Makes you wonder what God is doing through this, doesn't it? That often frustrates me the most. I just look up and say, "So what is it you are saying? What do you want me to learn? Just tell me already!!!!" I know, no patience......sigh......

And this is what I answered her:

You know, A. - He's doing what He has always been doing. Transforming His beloved children into the image of Christ. And, truly - if everything went the way I wanted it to, I would be far worse off. You know - if dh's job was just what he wanted, if our house sold right away for a good price, if we had a church that always did what we hoped it would, if the kids were perfect and always obeyed and never fussed - I guess it would make for a pretty pathetic, faithless life now, wouldn't it?!?

I think that's what I'm learning, and what He wants me to learn. It's just to rest and obey, and to give Him all the praise and glory while He works His perfect will in our lives.

So here's my thought for the morning.

I really think that my personal idol is to have a calm, stress-free, go-the-way-I-think-it-should kind of life. Maybe I'm not the only one who struggles with that. But where, where is it written that we should have nothing but smooth sailing? And sometimes, I'm guilty of thinking, "Oh, if only so and so would happen, I'd be able to obey God so much better!"

Wrong. Dead wrong. He is glorified in the little things, in the little steps we take day in and day out that bring Him glory. Being thankful for difficulties (1Thess. 5:18). Praising His name. Seeking to be conformed to the image of Jesus.

Sorry- I didn't mean for this to turn into a sermon! I think I'm about to get myself a blog ;) - I'd like to start recording this somewhere. Of course, a journal would be less time-consuming. Ha! :001_smile:

Again, thanks for everyone's kind words. It's been really good for me to be able to come here and bounce things off the board!

Thanks, Sharon -

This has all gotten me thinking. I got this message from my dear, believing SIL:

We will continue to pray. Makes you wonder what God is doing through this, doesn't it? That often frustrates me the most. I just look up and say, "So what is it you are saying? What do you want me to learn? Just tell me already!!!!" I know, no patience......sigh......

And this is what I answered her:

You know, A. - He's doing what He has always been doing. Transforming His beloved children into the image of Christ. And, truly - if everything went the way I wanted it to, I would be far worse off. You know - if dh's job was just what he wanted, if our house sold right away for a good price, if we had a church that always did what we hoped it would, if the kids were perfect and always obeyed and never fussed - I guess it would make for a pretty pathetic, faithless life now, wouldn't it?!?

I think that's what I'm learning, and what He wants me to learn. It's just to rest and obey, and to give Him all the praise and glory while He works His perfect will in our lives.

So here's my thought for the morning.

I really think that my personal idol is to have a calm, stress-free, go-the-way-I-think-it-should kind of life. Maybe I'm not the only one who struggles with that. But where, where is it written that we should have nothing but smooth sailing? And sometimes, I'm guilty of thinking, "Oh, if only so and so would happen, I'd be able to obey God so much better!"

Wrong. Dead wrong. He is glorified in the little things, in the little steps we take day in and day out that bring Him glory. Being thankful for difficulties (1Thess. 5:18). Praising His name. Seeking to be conformed to the image of Jesus.

Sorry- I didn't mean for this to turn into a sermon! I think I'm about to get myself a blog ;) - I'd like to start recording this somewhere. Of course, a journal would be less time-consuming. Ha! :001_smile:

Again, thanks for everyone's kind words. It's been really good for me to be able to come here and bounce things off the board!

I hear you, Heather. I really do. The important thing? Your heart is in the right place and that's all God cares about. :grouphug:

I've often thought about the fact that my posts on the Homes for Sale thread serve as a journal of sorts about our saga. :)