Menu

So DD has a patch of very dark dry skin on her forehead...

tdbates78

It started out as super dry skin and then turned a dark shade of brown, many shades darker than her skin color. So dark that I tried wiping it off last weekend at Brownies camp because I thought it was dirt. I've been using Aquaphor and/or Weleda Skin food on it and it seems to be getting better. Most of it flaked off but there is still some of it on her scalp up into her hair line. According to her it doesn't itch or burn or anything so I've just been treating it topically. Any idea what it could be?

Tracy

I must have somehow turned my signature off. Sorry about that! She is 9 and a half. The dry skin was about the size of a half dollar maybe. 

I looked up seborrhea and tinner versicolor and I don't think it's either of those. 

13 hours ago, tdbates78 said:

I must have somehow turned my signature off. Sorry about that! She is 9 and a half. The dry skin was about the size of a half dollar maybe. 

I looked up seborrhea and tinner versicolor and I don't think it's either of those. 

I can’t see signatures.

It probably isn’t anything really serious , so not wanting to worry you, but if it doesn’t go away completely and stay away, I’d ha e her see a dermatologist to make sure it’s not anything serious.   (Like a pre-cancerous patch of skin). Luckily it doesn’t sound much like melanoma.  But sometimes pre-basal cell conditions seem like dry skin patches at first.  You could look up pre-basal cell and pre-squamous cell carcinoma—and I hope none will look like it.  

ETA: if it were a precancerous skin thing they aren’t a big deal as liquid nitrogen can get rid of it—but are a reason to get it seen and dealt with while it is just a “pre” situation...

Edited by Pen