Menu

nm

Chris in VA

5 minutes ago, Chris in VA said:

I am finding conflicting answers. Is there a way to find out if someone visited your page? What if you aren't their friend or they blocked you? Does that (blocking) make a public page invisible? 

No you can’t see if they have visited your page.  If they aren’t your friend it depends on your security settings.  A public page is just that....it can be seen by anyone unkess you block them.  

• Like 2

You definitely don't know who visited your page. If you set everything to be private, then people can still see that the page exists, but they will not see anything you shared when they visit it. If you specifically block someone, I don't think they can even see that though I'm not sure.

Most people who have a private page have their profile pic set to public. Often there's a smattering of posts that are public. But sometimes you'll go to someone's page and it'll be just the profile pic until you friend them.

• Like 1

No. Nobody can see if anybody else visited their page, regardless of what all the fake apps and whatnot claim. Not possible. If person A blocks person B, person B cannot see anything that person A posts on facebook. They cannot even see that person A is on facebook at all. Their name will not even come up. Also, unless person A unblocks person B, it is the same for them - they cannot even see anything person B posts or even that they are on there. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VaKim said:

No. Nobody can see if anybody else visited their page, regardless of what all the fake apps and whatnot claim. Not possible. If person A blocks person B, person B cannot see anything that person A posts on facebook. They cannot even see that person A is on facebook at all. Their name will not even come up. Also, unless person A unblocks person B, it is the same for them - they cannot even see anything person B posts or even that they are on there. 

Thank you. So blocking someone means they can't see you AND you can't see them. Got it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris in VA said:

Thank you. So blocking someone means they can't see you AND you can't see them. Got it. 

Correct. 

One caveat -- if Person A has their own personal page (set to private or public), yes, that is now invisible (and Person A can't see that Person B exists either). 

If Person A *also* runs or has a separate public page (for a business, hobby, etc.), then Person B can still see *that* page (and Person A still cannot tell; I don't know of anything w/in FB that allows you to see who tried to see your page, at all). I don't know if that kind of public page can block someone at all.