Menu

things to do - --- Charleston?

gardenmom5

Definitely go downtown South of Broad and walk around. There are some great museums, and there are free walking tours online that you can follow. The open market and Old Slave Mart Museum are must-do's. Also be sure to see Rainbow Row. The park there at the waterfront is beautiful.

Boone Hall Plantation is also an interesting visit, and the aquarium is very good. Definitely recommend Fort Sumter for history buffs. Even the boat ride out is fun and informative.

Make sure to get seafood -- shrimp and grits!!

Edited by PeachyDoodle
  • Like 2

Walking around South of Broad is our favorite (and free!) activity.

But if this is your first visit I'd highly recommend one of the carriage tours or at least a self guided tour.

Shop your way through the City Market.

Patriot's Point is well worth the visit. Be prepared for lots of stairs. I don't recommend doing it if it's very hot, but it shouldn't be that time of the year.

Ditto Boone's Hall or one of the other plantations in the area. They all have their pros and cons, I'd do some research and pick out the one that appeals to you the most.

A drive out to one of the nearby beaches for a nice long walk.

Eat! So many good restaurants . . .

• Like 1