Menu

Math k-4 single tutoring book?

homemommy83

Is there anything like the phonics primers and Natural Speller that teach concepts , and build gently?

What I am looking for:

K-3rd/4th- topically based with practice problems that we can write down problems for them....

I am just interested if anything like this is available as most math curriculum is single volume per main topic or grade leveled.  I am really interested in just having a basic framework for K-4 with practice problems in the section it teaches it.  

If not I may just make my own-handwritten...I weirdly enjoy writing by hand and hate typing😂...I would write out basic goals in a checklist format to keep track of where each child is at and continue doing much hands on work with Cuisenaire rods and base ten manipulatives.  

I like Rod and Staff and MCP Math workbooks for grades 1-3, but I would love to build a program or find a program that is k-3 mainly that I can teach solely using a pad of paper and basic manipulatives...kwim.  Like OPGTR does with making your own flashcards and using a movable alphabet...

Brenda

It would just be nice to use a single resource with a sticky tab for each younger kiddo...kwim.

4 minutes ago, Farrar said:

It sounds a little like Math on the Level, honestly. But I've never used it. It's pricey.

Yes...I love the looks of it...it was just way out of my price range.  I am sure it is worth the money...I just don't have that kind of money to invest...kwim.  I stare at it once a year with happy thoughts😂.

Brenda

Thank you😀.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homemommy83 said:

Yes...I love the looks of it...it was just way out of my price range.  I am sure it is worth the money...I just don't have that kind of money to invest...kwim.  I stare at it once a year with happy thoughts😂.

Brenda

Thank you😀.

Ha. Well, at least I got the idea of what you wanted right!

I think Strayer Upton is probably a good suggestion.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OKBud said:

Strayer Upton books 1 and 2 (possibly just book 1)

Arithmetic Made Simple

Kitchen Table Math

I checked out Arithmetic Made Simple and it looks nice😁...it is for older kiddos, but is the style I am looking for ...I would just love one just for primary grades😁.

I had Strayed Upton years ago and gave them to a friend...I definitely liked the style....but this seems so trivial😉...I really disliked how small the books were.  I have pretty bad eyesight, and even though I wear contacts/glasses the small print gave me a headache....but I loved the simple progression of it.  I have 2 friends who LOVE this program...it really isn't for k-2, but for 3rd up it is a great series.

Brenda