Menu

Anatomy at WTMA or anywhere else

My ds17  is currently taking the A&P class at WTMA. He says Biology is helpful but thinks you could take the class without having had it previously.  He spends 4-8 hours per week depending on how much studying he does.  It's a flipped classroom approach. There are videos to watch before each class with a pre-lecture question to answer. There is a weekly quiz and discussion board posts.

The exams can be a bit gruelling. They are given 3-4 hours to take them, and they take my son at least 2-3 hours to finish. He is doing well in the class but doesn't like it because of the exams.

• Like 1

My dd was also very interested in taking an A&P class this year and had taken chemistry and physics, but not biology.  I contacted Apologia to see how necessary it was to take bio first since anatomy was being offered at our local coop and they strongly discouraged attempting anatomy without bio first.  The coop felt strongly about students having bio first as well.  In the end, she took A&P I at our local community college, loved it and excelled in the class. She’ll take A&P II this fall.  She won’t take regular biology in high school because she won’t have time since next year is her senior year.

• Like 1