Menu

I can't eat this right?

mommyoffive

Ugh dh took the kids to a family Christmas party last night.  They got home late and I was really sick at that point. They came how with tons of food, but I was so ill I only looked through some of it to put in the fridge. 

Things I found this morning that were left out all night

Taco dip

A whole rotisserie chicken.  

I can't eat this stuff right?  Do you think I can feed the chicken to the dog?   She eats way worse stuff. 

13 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

No, you really shouldn't eat it.

Why didn't your husband and kids put the food away?

It was late and he was dealing with the 2 littles who were asleep.  I wish my oldest would have done it, but she didn't.  I didn't know what was in the bags or I would have asked them to do it.  They all went upstairs and fell asleep. 

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Honestly, I think the dip is probably fine.  But I am more adventurous than many on this board.  (And haven't had food poisoning from it.)   ETA:  I do not live in a really warm state so that would affect my answer as well.) 

same, I'd eat the chicken, but IDK what taco dip is - is it mainly sour cream? I'd toss it in that case.

Chicken I'd just make sure to warm up hot enough to kill any bacteria on it. either in the oven or even just overheating in the microwave.

But, we live in a cold place, and it's below 70 in my house, especially at night.

• Like 1