Menu

Ebates questions

Impatien

I’ve been trying to set up an account and start using Ebates. I see the add-on extension and I’m wondering if any of you who use Ebates has this. I started to add it and saw the “warning” about the possibility of it changing your data on accounts. Am I being paranoid to worry about this app? Also I just want to hear some of your experiences with it and if I should bother. Thanks for any input.

• Like 1

I don't use the app but I've used their website for many years and we've earned a lot of money by shopping through ebates.  If you didn't already sign up and weren't referred by anyone, pm me and I'll refer you and I think we both get a bonus.  I'm not sure if that is always an option.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impatien said:

I’ve been trying to set up an account and start using Ebates. I see the add-on extension and I’m wondering if any of you who use Ebates has this. I started to add it and saw the “warning” about the possibility of it changing your data on accounts. Am I being paranoid to worry about this app? Also I just want to hear some of your experiences with it and if I should bother. Thanks for any input.

I've always wondered about Ebates.  It seems too good to be true.  I'm glad you asked 

• Like 1

I've used them for over 8 years I think.  I use the app too, but I'm not sure what you are speaking of.  When they do their double rebates, you can get a lot back.  I just bought a coat with 10 percent cash back so received 27 dollars back.  I can't say that I've gotten back over $2K like a previous poster, but I have received close to $1K.

• Like 2

I use Ebates but not the app and I don't have the browser add-on enabled (which might be what you mean)? I use Ebates as much as I can, and especially over the holidays. We don't make a ton of cash back, maybe only $200 a year, but it's definitely not a scam and has been worthwhile for us.  It's really nice when you are buying things like appliances online because you get great cash back for those large purchases. 

• Like 1

Someone on here gave me a referral link just over a year ago, I think. I'm pretty sure I've earned about $40 (including the bonus I got for using the other person's referral link), so not much. I can tell if they pass on my snailmail address to anyone else as I (accidentally) listed our address differently when I signed up. So far, no extra snailmail. I don't know if they passed on my email to any emailing lists, though. That's something I always hate -- more junk email.

I have the browser extension, but I usually have it off. I don't always remember to use the Ebates website, but I have been trying to this holiday season. The extra couple of dollars that I might get are welcome, but I know I'm trading my online shopping habits and some information for the small amount of cashback I get.

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, the add-on extension is what I was wondering about. If I understand it correctly you don’t have to shop through the Ebates site if you have it. For instance if you are on Kohl’s or another site, the Ebates thing automatically comes up. I’m going to add it and hopefully start getting some money back!

• Like 2