Menu

The Today's Focus Teachers Lounge 10-24-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and welcome to the Lounge!

Today's theme stems from what I learned during my bout of insomnia last night/early this morning.
After getting something to drink and a small snack, I sat down and read some Scripture. Specifically Matthew 6, verse 25 through the end of the chapter.
It talks about how we should not worry (about what we will eat, drink, wear). God has really been putting on my heart lately that TODAY is the only time I truly have.
Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised. TODAY is what I HAVE. And so, until He tells me otherwise, I am done planning for the future (beyond what absolutely
MUST be done, like rides to rehearsals for my son next week). I am truly going to live ONE DAY at at time. This is for my HEALTH. Because dredging up past faults and worrying
about the future has quite nearly killed me. This will be an interesting process, I'm sure, as I've not historically been great at focusing on TODAY. I'll let you know how it goes!

What are YOU focusing on TODAY? Here: It's almost 10am and I'm not quite sure. Mostly because my schedule is off. However, two things I KNOW are happening today - 
I'm going to a NaNoWriMo Plot-ober event (that's a writer thing) and I'll be watching the new "Flash" episode with my son. We'll also get some school work and housework done because
those NEED to get done. Maybe a walk with the dog. Don't know yet. Oh, and laundry! Desperately need clean clothes!

What's on the menu today? Here: for lunch it will be Zesty Tuna Salad. For dinner, probably Breakfast Potatoes.

What life lesson have you been learning lately? Here: see above!

Talk to me! ?

Patience is an ongoing lesson. Goes along with flexibility. Weird, huh? 
I'm also learning not to be driven by the clock, or worried about it. Get done what we can when we can and be thankful and happy about it.
Still have a bit more schooling to do with ds today and then some household adventures with both kids. After that, I may take a nap since insomnia got to
me again last night!

• Like 1

Being present is a huge thing for everyone now I think.  Doing just one thing at a time and accepting our human limitations.  So hard though.  I find yoga/medition helpful if that’s your thing.  However not if it becomes one more thing to check off the to do list!

Ive missed your threads.  Hope life treats you kindly for a while.

• Like 2