Menu

HI everyone

Night Elf

Just a brief update. I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've been working a lot of hours and I just haven't been in the mood to be on my computer except to check email. My job is going well and I think is finally settling down. We have a fully trained staff now at the Humane Society Thrift Store where I work and a permanent schedule has been approved. This week we started opening on Mondays so the only day we're closed now is Sunday. I also took off Thursday so I don't have two days off in a row. I work only 6 hour days during the week and 7.5 hours on Saturday. Then when I'm at home I'm trying to keep up with my housework but I'm terrible at doing it all. Now that my schedule is permanent, I should be able to make a new housework schedule. I can clean in the mornings. I work to close 5 nights so DH has taken over dinner responsibilities for which I'm extremely grateful. I'm usually so tired when I get home from work that I don't think I could cook a meal. 

My manager has given me a key to the store, the safe and a security code so I can open and close the store. I'm flattered she thinks highly enough of me to trust me with such responsibilities. I love my job. I'm on the register now during the week instead of being in the linens department. The lady in charge of linens has come back from medical leave so she's back to being in charge. Then on Saturday I help out where I'm needed. 

I've been having back problems since I started working more hours last June. The chiropractor just didn't help so I went to my regular doctor. She put me on a muscle relaxer and gave me prescription strength anti inflammatory pills. I've been taking them faithfully. I haven't been as consistent with the exercises she suggested though. Although my back has gotten 90% better, there is still pain when I leave work so she's referred me to physical therapy. I am waiting on the paperwork and will make a decision when I see what it entails. I'm also thinking about going back to my chiropractor now that most of the pain is gone to see if he can fix the rest.

So that's what's been going on with me. ?

• Like 13

Do you have a running store near you that could evaluate your stance? It could be your shoes are contributing to your back issues.  Those shoes could be perfectly ok for light work( around the house) but are just throwing your back off a bit since you are standing and moving more.  It could be you need a different style for under or over pronationers. Just by doing this along with PT could really help you.

Edited by itsheresomewhere

40 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Do you have a running store near you that could evaluate your stance? It could be your shoes are contributing to your back issues.  Those shoes could be perfectly ok for light work( around the house) but are just throwing your back off a bit since you are standing and moving more.  It could be you need a different style for under or over pronationers. Just by doing this along with PT could really help you.

I did go to a running store. I already had a pair of Zoots and Brooks. I bought Hokas and inserts with arch support that I can transfer from shoe to shoe. I rotate through the shoes too. I don't just wear one pair all of the time. I do not feel any difference between them though. The Hokas are my favorite. I tried on many shoes before choosing them as they are way more padded than my other shoes. I like how my feet sit in them, if that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, tbog said:

Is there a reason your son can't help with household things? With your recent thread about his future, it sounds like he has plenty of time to help out. 

He does some things but most of the housework falls to me. DH does laundry and all of us fold and put away our own laundry. Ds will help load the dishwasher and unload it on his own when asked. He has two meals he prepares for himself. He eats out the rest of the time. DH does all outside work. Ds will sweep areas of the house when I ask. I am in charge of bathrooms because no one likes to do them and I don't mind. We live in a small house with no small children so our house isn't messy. It doesn't take much to clean it unless I'm deep cleaning something which doesn't happen often. We do not have a chore chart of what needs to be done and when. I had one when I was doing Flylady and I was keeping my house clean by working on it less than 30 minutes on weekdays only.