Menu

Book a Week 2018 - BW34: The First Jasmines

Robin M

1 hour ago, loesje22000 said:

I finished Nutmeg for the micro history square, a quick but very interesting read.

“ I have one square to fill: translated. 

I picked an other volume of a serie I found by Penguin I Think, the one by indridason.

I finished also Hygge, my crochet-a-long of last year.

Wow, one square left!  Not sure how many I have but way more than one! 

Any chance of a photo of your crochet a long ?

i just finished  Home by Nightfall in honor of London for the Brit Trip bus......I actually spent a great deal of time in Sussex.  It was the ninth book in the Charles Lenox series by Charles Flinch and was a satisfying read for me.  I read most of this series at the start of the year via audiobook. I stopped because I was actually going to have to read this one, gasp!

• Like 4

Currently free to Kindle readers ~

for writers:  The Plot Machine: Design Better Stories Faster  by  Dale Kutzera

Deep Magic: A Mythological Romance  by Gillian St. Kevern

LGBT:  Trowchester Blues  by Alex Beecroft

Regards,
Kareni
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Violet Crown said:

Robin, happy anniversary!

It's possible that today is my (cough) 50th birthday. Huzzah! 

Somehow I'm overcome by a wave of no longer caring what people think about me. Now I need to get a dozen more cats.

I don't care very much for cats although we have 2 in house, but I would like to get that wave too when I become 50. Sooner is right too!!!

Happy Birthday Violet Crown!

• Like 4

Hello all!

Happy Anniversary to you, Robin.!

And Happy Birthday to you, Violet Crown!

Reading... not much happening. 

I've completely fallen off the Brit Trip bus. Actually right now I'm back in Yorkshire with The Old Fox Deceiv'd by Martha Grimes, 2nd Richard Jury novel. It's my lunch break reading now. 

And for some reason I decided that Emile Zola's Germinal would be a good audiobook for my drive to and from work. It's one I've read a few times before - a sentimental favorite from a college Humanities program even though it's quite a grim book. Maybe I was meant to revisit it in this season where I am working in unpleasant conditions for people who have no care for employees.  The book is set in a French coal mining town in the 1860s, and describes... people working in terrible conditions for people who have no care for the employees.  It's grim, did  I mention that? Describes lives much more grim than anything I've ever experienced or likely will.  Yet it's a wonderful book. So, good for a little perspective.  

• Like 4

Currently free for Kindle readers ~

A Girl Like Her: A Small Town Romance (Ravenswood Book 1) by Talia Hibbert

www.amazon.com/dp/B07B9Z6846/?coliid=I1GVBKZKUS6I8I&colid=1L56ZUCOVIJHD&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This book has been getting many favorable reviews lately. Here's one:

dearauthor.com/book-reviews/overall-a-reviews/a-reviews/review-a-girl-like-her-by-talia-hibbert/

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 2

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes. John was creative for brass this year  and gave me The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly.   ?

Happy Birthday, Violet Crown. Welcome to the 50's club.  One of the great things bout our 50's is freedom and not worrying about what other's think. 

birthday bear animations

• Like 5