Menu

2 weeks left!

Hilltopmom

Drop off for freshman is 2 weeks from today!

Today I’m airing the foam mattress topper, washing new clothing (the faded too small tees from high school are in their last run, only a few are going to college with the boy), and shopping for toiletries (he’s not a shopper- this will be the last time shampoo & deoderant  magically appear in his room for him).

Textbooks are ordered & ready to pick up at the bookstore waiting. Roommate emails have begun, and only 2 shifts left at his summer job.

time actually does fly!

• Like 7

We drop off in six days! It is a long trip so we'll drive down the day before. 

He is so ready. He is all packed up and has completed the requirement of cleaning his bathroom well before he leaves. LOL. He works this coming weekend which will help to pass the time. He has a job lined up at school already and scheduled his onboarding meeting for the afternoon of drop off. He is ready to get his life there rolling.

I'm sure it will be hard to drop off but right now I am just really excited for him. And ready to go. We've been talking about it and preparing for it for so long. It feels like time.

• Like 1

DS moves into the dorm this coming Thursday - I have most of his "supplies".  Got a few text books but waiting for his class to start because many optional books listed.  His Math/Calc text is digital but I think a used hard copy is available. I asked DS to email the instructor but he is wary about doing that.

Edited by MarkT
  • Like 1

So my entire living room is strewn with stuff.  Dd is positively useless.  I told her to sort her stuff by where it would be used and we could start "tetris-ing" the bins.  She is making me nuts.  I wanted most of this done today because she has her "last date" before leaving with her boyfriend tomorrow and I work and start classes on Monday.  And my husband is a "throw stuff in a bin willy-nilly" without a care for how padded it is or how much wasted space their is, meaning that I would have to repack it anyway.  If we had the bigger car, I'd be less concerned.  But this is a Ford Escape.