Menu

Course Title on Transcript

Earlier this summer, my daughter visited a foreign country and stayed for 2 weeks in an academic environment.  In preparation, she had to learn basic conversational Spanish, and a little bit about the geography and culture of the country.  While there, she took cooking lessons in Spanish, performed a service project for the local community, and learned a bit about local businesses.  I plan to give her half a credit in social science.  What should I title this course on the transcript?

1 hour ago, klmama said:

I understand you wanting to grant credit, but it might stand out more as an extracurricular activity.

I've already decided to grant credit, as there was a significant academic component to it, and she has plenty of extra-curriculars.

A course naming hack that another homeschooling parent suggested to me was to find a similar course offered by some high school or college somewhere (google search) that was close or close enough to what you are naming.  Use/edit the course name and description as needed, and voila!  

Academic Summer Immersion

ETA: I have have used summer immersion camps as a way of counting a foreign language course as honors. For example, French 1 plus summer immersion (H). My Dd just went to German camp and I am doing the same thing for German 1. German 1 plus summer immersion camp (H).

Edited by 8FillTheHeart