Menu

Veritas Press Self-paced classes?

mamakelly

Has anyone used the Veritas Press self paced History? I'm looking at using 1815-present next year. They are on sale right now, buy two get $200 off!! Anyone interested in splitting the sale with me? We'd probably have to share log-in's but it would save us $100 each!

We have loved these.  My middle two kids (high school), did the courses all the way through and they still say that they learned the most history from them.  My younger starts his third series this year and the amount he retains is incredible.  It is nice for me to have something I am not "teaching" too.  We will add in some historical literature and we keep a timeline book but I don't teach any other history.

My 8yo is doing the OTAE self-paced class right now and loving it. I was hesitant to give an internet/computer class to a child that young but she loved the samples so much that I bought it during the March sale. She started in April, went through June, took July off, and will pick back up in August. I anticipate we will end up doing all of the elementary self-paced history classes. She reads the Level 1 literature assignments but is not interested in any of the hands-on activities and I haven't made her do them.

We have done Ancient Egypt and Greece and Rome, I cannot even begin to say how much I love these for my kids. They are learning and retaining so much. We do the reading list along with them. At least the first 2 are awesome. Not sure about the other levels.