Menu

Boys and girls

Scarlett

7 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Well, I did try to keep it between my son and myself and that obviously wasn't working.  She was very forthcoming and said she was sick of being a secret and she told him that yesterday and they had a big argument about it.  My son has apparently been terrified I would kick him out and he would be homeless.  I am sad he thinks that of me.  Really I have never done anything to make him think that.  But whatever....that is done, and maybe we can have some honesty now.  He apologized about 10 times for not being honest. 

Mmm ... I've just been spectating but I'm still not convinced he actually thought that.  Why on earth would he think you would kick him out and leave him homeless?  I can totally see a teen/young adult saying that to a girl he thought he might be interested in but not sure about where it was going and wanted to mill it over before going public with the info.   The whole mess on both sides just sounds extremely immature. 

Did this girl pay back from the credit card incident?  Or is it a long time outstanding debt that she is skirting?  That would influence how I felt about that incident.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Mmm ... I've just been spectating but I'm still not convinced he actually thought that.  Why on earth would he think you would kick him out and leave him homeless?  I can totally see a teen/young adult saying that to a girl he thought he might be interested in but not sure about where it was going and wanted to mill it over before going public with the info.   The whole mess on both sides just sounds extremely immature. 

Did this girl pay back from the credit card incident?  Or is it a long time outstanding debt that she is skirting?  That would influence how I felt about that incident.   

Because these are gossipy people who clearly don't like the girl, or her mother, or something, I would discount what they had said entirely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Of course it is immature.  They are 18. The debt is being paid back but still very concerning. 

3 hours ago, Catwoman said:

The girl’s mom could end up being a big problem for your son in the future.

And I’m very concerned about the girl’s own issues. That debit card theft situation is still such a huge red flag, as is the girl’s habit of lying. How will you or your son be able to trust her?

Is it awful of me to secretly hope your son gets tired of her and ends up with someone else?

Yes, she could be a big problem.  

Who knows what will happen.  Only so much I can do to help him see certain things........and there is the chance the girl will grow up and be a good person with the right guidance.  

2 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Yes, she could be a big problem.  

Who knows what will happen.  Only so much I can do to help him see certain things........and there is the chance the girl will grow up and be a good person with the right guidance.  

Have you spoken with him (just the two of you) to find out if he actually wants to marry the girl? 

4 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Have you spoken with him (just the two of you) to find out if he actually wants to marry the girl? 

I didn't push to that.  We only discussed that he does like her.....and how and why he has been so dishonest with me about it.  Now that we got past that hurdle there will be time for more discussions another day.  

• Like 1

Just now, Scarlett said:

I didn't push to that.  We only discussed that he does like her.....and how and why he has been so dishonest with me about it.  Now that we got past that hurdle there will be time for more discussions another day.  

Is he saying that he likes her or that he loves her?

There is a huge difference there.

Just now, Catwoman said:

Is he saying that he likes her or that he loves her?

There is a huge difference there.

Right.  It was a 30 minute conversation.  Mostly him apologizing to me and explaining why he thought what he thought......I will have to get more info later.....

1 minute ago, Scarlett said:

Right.  It was a 30 minute conversation.  Mostly him apologizing to me and explaining why he thought what he thought......I will have to get more info later.....

I hope it turns out to be like and not love, at least on his part. It would make his life so much simpler right now (and yours, too!) 

• Like 1