Menu

Drawing Videos

In order to chalenge myself and expand my skills this summer, I've recently decided to learn to draw--alongside my 8 year old. I'm not interested in f2f classes at this point. We will just draw at home or on the go when the mood strikes. We have some drawing instruction books. I have The Drawing Instructor's e-course from Udemy that I've yet to explore. We also enjoy Art Hub for Kids on YouTube--but he does mostly cartoon-like drawings. It seems I do better with video instruction (rather than books). Can anyone suggest additional videos or video channels to keep me (I mean us--my daughter & I) going? I'm talking step-by-step uber easy instruction w/ models--I'm currently artistically challenged (LOL). DVDs are OK but YouTube videos seem more in-line with our portable drawing habits. 

9 minutes ago, Earthmerlin said:

It'd be great to find an accessible set of videos to learn the 'rules' of drawing as well. What I mean is learning the principles in addition to drawing actual objects. I hope this makes sense....

There is a guy on YouTube by the name of Paul Priestley and he makes fantastic "how to draw" videos. His playlists are a little messy, but find his channel and search out his START Drawing videos. There are about 6 or 8 of them.

• Like 2

On June 19, 2018 at 8:17 AM, mom2bee said:

There is a guy on YouTube by the name of Paul Priestley and he makes fantastic "how to draw" videos. His playlists are a little messy, but find his channel and search out his START Drawing videos. There are about 6 or 8 of them.

Super cool! Thanks!