Menu

Sad news about Dr. Charles Krauthammer (Edited: He's passed)

umsami

My Dad was a major admirer of his.  You may know him from his column in the Washington Post or from Fox News.   For those unaware, he was a paralyzed in a diving accident while attending Harvard Medical School.   He graduated and became a psychiatrist and helped write the DSM-III.    We were obviously on opposite issues regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but not with regards to everything.  He may be considered a RINO now....no idea.  Anyways...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-note-to-readers/2018/06/08/3512010c-6b24-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ff1c73735f0c&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

"However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over"

• Sad 5

I will also miss him. I believe him to be quite brilliant. Also, To add a little levity, and really hoping this doesn’t seem disrepectful, doesn’t he bear a resemblance to the Muppet character, Sam Eagle? 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P.   Several years ago, I bought several books I want to read. One of them is a book he wrote. I haven't gotten to that one yet, but I need to do that. His suffering is over. I iwll miss watching him on TV and my wife always enjoyed his voice, when he was speaking on TV. He  was so incredibly active, despite his medical issues, he was just incredible.

• Like 1