Menu

In the ER with DS

My ds with sickle cell disease iis in the hospital ER with a lot of pain. I think they may admit him. Hi head and stomach are hurting him a lot more than usual. He has had 2 doses of morphine and toradil since we arrived hereabout 6 hours ago. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts.

Also, there is a 2 year olld boy that was just brought in by amblance who had fallen from a second floor window to the sidewalk. They brought him straight into the trauma room.

It is so sad seeing these little ones suffering. Thankfully a friend came and picked up my dds, so they don't have to be witnessing all of this.

Hug you children close when they wake in the morning.

Well, we are home at last. He ended up admitted for pain management. Then the doctors decided they were concerned about the possibility of stroke because of the intensity of his headache and some changes in his behavior. They did a brain MRI yesterday afternoon. On a good note, it was the first time they didn't need to transfuse him before sedation because his hemeglobin was high enough. The MRI showed no stroke and no changes from the last one 3 months ago. Today his pain is manageble with Tylenol 3 every 4 hours, so they let us go home. It looks like a sickle cell pain crisis in the skull. Hopefully within a few days his pain will be completely gone. thanks for the words of encouragement and for the prayers!